Koodo Community
Question

Charged for Service Before Receiving Web Order

• 19 September 2020
  • 24 replies

Koodo is charging me a connection which is not yet activated. Such a shame ! No customer service. I feel bad for taking the connection. Not proceeding any way 

24 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Koodo sure does still have customer support. Koodo bills itself as. Self-serve brand so you are expected to handle stuff more yourself if you can and use this forum or Facebook or Twitter as possible. You can send a private message to Koodo via Facebook messenger or dm via Twitter to request a refund to the day you receive your Sim card but no guarantees.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Frankly if they refuse I'd file a ccts complaint.

@Goran i dont use facebook or twitter. I deleted both the accounts couple of months back. And it is frustrating that i need to use fb or twitter to get customer support for a mobile phone service provider. When i took the connection they said there is no conncetion charge and in the bill they have charged me 40$ activation charge. And some partial charge and another whole month charge. I took the connection sept11th.. haven't got my sim card untill today which is not yet activated. I have a rogers connection and if they want to charge all these even before activating sim card, i want to cancel this new connection. In rogers we have proper customer service, which is very important. Chatting to bot and not getting any useful info is so disappointing. And if I don't want to use the social media, I don't have a customer service? This is so.... !

Even otherwise i am planning to file a complaint . These companies should learn to respect their customers too.. but thanks @Goran 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

This forum is public so they went with Facebook and Twitter for private discussion of account stuff. You can create a shell twitter account without any personal indo for the sole purpose of speaking with Koodo. I do wish that there was a similar function on here or self-serve but there isn't.  You can still request a callback.

There is no 40 dollar charge when done online. They will charge you in person. I'm surprised to hear they said you won't be charged for it.

That partial charge is the partial month to your billing cycle. That's still from the daily use of your plan and not an extra charge.

You can still get a full refund if you wish to leave though within the first 15 days IIRC so there's that at least.

So this is what happened with me. One sales rep came to my house. So he is the one who explained everything and activated everything online. And they he didn't charge me anything, but in a day or two i got a bill of $103.26 which includes activation charge $40, some partial charge and full monthly payment. But what i don't understand is how can they charge even before i get or activate my sim card. 

May i know what is IIRC? @Goran  thanks 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

So this is what happened with me. One sales rep came to my house. So he is the one who explained everything and activated everything online. And they he didn't charge me anything, but in a day or two i got a bill of $103.26 which includes activation charge $40, some partial charge and full monthly payment. But what i don't understand is how can they charge even before i get or activate my sim card. 

So, some guy came to your house and sold you a koodo plan? 

What plan did you get?  Did you receive a receipt?  Did you receive any confirmation email  from Koodo?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

May i know what is IIRC? @Goran  thanks 

If I Remember Correctly. 

Yes. I got i confirmation email from koodo. Confirming the plan and mobile number. 

So this guy had a id from koodo/telus, uniform and i got a conformation email too @Mayumi 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Well if a Rep came to you and said you shouldn't be charged then you can post your order number here and I can flag a Rep to see about why you got charged.

Order number is ES114017455. Thanks @Goran 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

A Rep has been flagged. Hopefully it'll be earlier tomorrow as it's 10pm now.

I think i should cancel the connection as this is already such a headache. With rogers this is just simple. You contact the number which is available 24/7.they resolve yoir issues. That is it. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

So this guy had a id from koodo/telus, uniform and i got a conformation email too @Mayumi 

Ok. Thank you letting me/us know.

I never heard of that Koodo rep come to your door to selling their products.  So, I was kind of worry. 

Initially even I got confused. Then he showed me his id and the uniform. Even he was wearing a jacket which has telus logo on it. Then when i got the email i was relieved. @Mayumi 

A Rep has been flagged. Hopefully it'll be earlier tomorrow as it's 10pm now.

Thank you Goran for your help. I really appreciate that @Goran 

Userlevel 2

Hi there! Thanks for reaching out to us. Feel free to send us a private message from your Social Media account (Facebook or Twitter) and we will be happy to help! :)

Hi Mauela, with all due respect, i dont have any social media account which you mentioned and i dont intend to take any for a customer support.  if a mobile service company doesn't have a customer care number, i dont want to stay there. Thanks @Manuela Koodo 

Userlevel 2

Another option is to schedule a callback on your end at koodo.com/chat and type in the chatbot Schedule a callback and you will receive a callback within 15 min. I hope this is helpful to you!

Thanks @Manuela Koodo 

Userlevel 2

My pleasure! Have a great day! :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Another option is to schedule a callback on your end at koodo.com/chat and type in the chatbot Schedule a callback and you will receive a callback within 15 min. I hope this is helpful to you!

*Within 15 minutes of the scheduled time.