Koodo Community
Solved

Charged for long distance calling even though I have canada wide calling

• 23 October 2020
  • 9 replies

I have Canada-wide calling, and was still charged for long distance phone calls. I did change plan mid-month, but both plans had unlimited Canada-wide calling so I don’t understand. I also don’t understand how to “request a call back” or talk to an actual person who works for the company, so if anyone could give me advice for that too that would be great. 

icon

Best answer by Mayumi 23 October 2020, 17:27

Please check your e-bill again and see if your previous plan was actually unlimited minutes or not as Goran asked.

Also, check the number if it's not long distance calls to other than Canada.

If it was change made from unlimited plan to unlimited plan.  And those calls weren't ILD calls including USA., then go to Koodo chat and you can set up call back

Add: I just saw your reply to Goran. Koodo system have some kind of glitch here and there.  So your case is also one of those cases. Contact Koodo and they can help you

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What area code were the calls? Are you sure you had fully unlimited previously? Some people have misunderstood or forgotten about having a daytime minutes bucket.

Userlevel 7

Are you sure that you were actually charged for long distance calling or did you get a message warning you that the number dialed may carry long distance charges? If its the warning message, you can avoid it by adding ‘1’ before the dialed number.

@Goran  yes, both plans were fully unlimited. The charge was applied to a number with my home area code. I made the call while in my neighbourhood.  

@nim4165 yes, it’s on my bill. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Please check your e-bill again and see if your previous plan was actually unlimited minutes or not as Goran asked.

If it was change made from unlimited plan to unlimited plan.  And those calls weren't ILD calls including USA., then go to Koodo chat and you can set up call back

Add: I just saw your reply to Goran. Koodo system have some kind of glitch here and there.  So your case is also one of those cases. Contact Koodo and they can help you

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you can, please post a screenshot of the long distance charge from your detailed PDF ebill.  This would be helpful

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Sorry about wanting to triple check it really was unlimited as that is more common than you'd think, especially since the lockdown hit and people were making more daytime calls having no idea what happened so please bare with  us. The screenshot would also let second set of eyes see.

You charge me 36 $ by service long distance by 12 $ each time 

And I not do this call 

And in my description of my bill no any use call

0 call 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You charge me 36 $ by service long distance by 12 $ each time 

And I not do this call 

And in my description of my bill no any use call

0 call 

If you download your bill and look and the last couple pages it'll show you a list of every call you made, the number you called, and what time you called it. It will also show you which ones you got charged for. Either you or someone who has access to your phone would've had to have made the call.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

$12 charges sounds like international roaming.  Have you been out of the country recently?