Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Charge or no Charge that is the question

i am on the lowest plan going talk and text, but an concerned when i would be using data that would be charged. looking on my data usage at the moment it says i used 13mb @ $5 one time, but i have only gone into self serve for koodo account on my phone and wondered if that is where the charge has come from, which is why i am asking if it is free to go the koodo site from you phone if you don't have a data plan?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Data used by the app is zero rated (no charge), data used by visiting the website is not. Also, all smartphones will use some data in the background to check for updates, new emails, facebook updates etc, which is also chargeable.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You will get charged for data usage every time you use mobile data if you don't have a data plan. Data charges are vary. (depends on your plan) You can check your data overage/pay-per use rate through self serve. You can turn off your data and just use WIFI to check your FB, email or most of apps.
Mayumi wrote:

You will get charged for data usage every time you use mobile data if you don't have a data plan....

how would i turn off the data?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mayumi wrote:

You will get charged for data usage every time you use mobile data if you don't have a data plan....

What kind of phone do you have? Setting > Wireless & Networks > mobile network > uncheck "Data enabled"
Mayumi wrote:

Thanks will do