Koodo Community

Community

Charge for text messages received, but no details--with an unlimited texts plan

Why did a charge for "3 text messages received" suddenly appear on my bill? My plan includes unlimited text, and I use less than a quarter of my free data and talk. Why are there no details (e.g., date or sender) for any of these on my bill or on "Self Serve"? I have never had an extra charge like this in my 3 years as a customer. 

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
have you downloaded your detailed pdf ebill from self serve?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hey N - looks like these charges were for a 'premium message' service that you would have opted in for at some point. All messages were received in May - not sure if you still have them saved on your phone to reference, but you can simply reply back with 'Stop' to unsubscribe. Your billed for these through your Koodo account, but we're not affiliated/not something we added to your account or a service we offer. 
No message details are on the bill itself or the links on it, but I have found them under "Usage". These are routine texts from my bank. In May, Koodo reports them at $0.30 each under "cost", with no further explanation. In March, April, and, so far, in June, Koodo reports the same series at a cost of $0.00 each. I'm not sure what is special about May. Perhaps the bank screwed up, and fixed it after customers saw their phone bills. Or perhaps the billing software choked because, unusually, I had no phone minutes at all in May, but did have 3 texts. Thirty cents is suspiciously similar to a per-message charge on some types of account a few years ago.