Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Changing Plans

I want to change my plan from an older 50/month plan to the new promo one, if i just paid my bill today, and switched today would i be charged extra?....

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You will be charged for the plan based on your billing cycle and not when you paid your bill or when the bill arrives. However even if it doesnt perfectly align Koodo will make sure the correct pr-rated amount is charged accordinly
Dennis wrote:

You will be charged for the plan based on your billing cycle and not when you paid your bill or w...

My current plan cycle is like July 18th to August the 17th, so if i changed my plan now i wouldn't be charged until the 18th of august? or do they charge me right away?
Userlevel 4
Dennis wrote:

You will be charged for the plan based on your billing cycle and not when you paid your bill or w...

If you change your plan today, you will be charged from today until august 17th for the new plan plud one month in advance. You will also be credited from today until august 17th for the old plan since you didn't have it for the full cycle
Dennis wrote:

oh ok 🙂 thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

And to balance things out... for the old plan you will not be charged one month in advance since the new plan has now taken its place. If this additional comment confuses you then you can ignore it and just stick with what Tyler said.
Dennis wrote:

i will find out anyway because i just changed it so 😛, i was paying the same before and now i have double the minutes and data so why not 😛
Dennis wrote:

but actually i do have one more question it is still showing that i only have 500mb of data, shouldn't that have changed to 1gb if that is what the promo plan i switched too was?
Dennis wrote:

nvm sorry for all the notifications you must be receiving 😛 I logged out and back in and everything is fine 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

Glad it all worked out. I had the same questions when I made my first change. Once you go through it turns out it's as simple as 3.14159265