Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Changing Phone Number fee.

I have a 25$ additional fee on my first bill for "changing the phone number". I transferred my phone number but haven't changed it and nobody ever told me I would have to pay 25$ for it. Is it normal ?

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Did you call Koodo to change it for you, Olivier? In that case a fee is charged... it is free to do it in self-service. I guess they should have told you that, sorry you got charged 😞
Userlevel 2
If you did it over the phone and their was a fee associated with this, that you were not made aware of, I would call in and have it credited back...but that's just me.
So every new customer transferring from other providers to Koodo have to pay $25?? No one told me that when I was signing up last week.
Userlevel 5
I'd call in about that, if you transferred your number at the time of activation you should not have been charged.
Userlevel 2
Hey Soheil, I'm going to chime in since there's a bit of confusion. There shouldn't be a $25 fee for this. Sometimes, when activating a line, you will be given a temporary number first and then a number change will be done to port the number over. You should not be charged for this. I recommend giving us a call(*611) and explain the situation and you should get some help with this. ________________________ If you see a good answer, give it a star.
Hello Myke. I don't know if there will be any fee for having my number transferred on my bill. I just joined Koodo last week. Sophia is the one having that problem right now.
Userlevel 6
Soheil C wrote:

Hello Myke. I don't know if there will be any fee for having my number transferred on my bill. I ...

Hello Soheil, Koodo have something called Proration, are you confusing this by any chance?
Soheil C wrote:

Hello Myke. I don't know if there will be any fee for having my number transferred on my bill. I ...

No no I was just commenting on Olivier's question.
Soheil C wrote:

I meant Olivier not Sophia sorry.
Called them. They credited back the 25$. Thanks everybody.
So just to make sure: If I change the phone number, not moving a number from another service provider, in self-service, I do not have to pay anything?? Thanks
Userlevel 5
Sahil Bhatti wrote:

So just to make sure: If I change the phone number, not moving a number from another service p...

100% correct.
Userlevel 7
Sahil Bhatti wrote:

So just to make sure: If I change the phone number, not moving a number from another service p...

^^^ Virtual Star