Koodo Community

Community

Solved

changing phone but the same plan

By changing BB to Samsung Ace II but same plan do I have to pay any charges?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Nope. Just swap the sim cards between phones or if you're switching to a different sized sim card, login to self-serve to swap your sim card (go to change phone, and choose new sim card option). Same if you're switching from a BB with no sim card to a sim card device.
Ahmad wrote:

Nope. Just swap the sim cards between phones or if you're switching to a different sized sim card...

of course no fees but if he has a data plan would he not have to change the data pack at least? or will that automatically happen?
Userlevel 7
Ahmad wrote:

Nope. Just swap the sim cards between phones or if you're switching to a different sized sim card...

BB data plans are universal
Ahmad wrote:

I would like to switch from the LG Optimus to the BB Bold(Telus and unlocked)-sim and memory card fit normally, do I haveto change plans or just move the sim over and leave everything? Will I be able to access my memory card? Do I have to let Koodo know?
If your phone is unlocked,you can simply swap your sim card in it.. If not get your phone unlocked either from your Sp or any third party vendors online like http://www.wickedunlock.com . the plans will remain the same as it is in your previous phone