Koodo Community

Community

Cancelled my services with Koodo (regrettably) last month in December. Still being charged Quebec Municipal Tax fees in January bill

As the title says, I cancelled with Koodo (officially as of December 19th, cycle ended the 28th of Dec) but am still being charged the Quebec Municipal Tax in the Koodo bill for the whole month of January despite not being with Koodo anymore. Why? 

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
So when you log into your self serve, are you looking at the detailed PDF ebill?
Or are you just looking at the quick summary on the website?

I highly recommend reviewing the detailed pdf ebill first 
Dennis wrote:

So when you log into your self serve, are you looking at the detailed PDF ebill?
Or are you just ...

Detailed, which is where I saw that they charged the Quebec Municipal Taxes.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

Or are you just ...

What are the individual charges for this invoice?
Can you post a screen shot (minus any personal info)?

Dennis wrote:

Or are you just ...

The charges are small, but I don't want this to be a recurring charge. I want to know why I am getting charged (regardless of the amount) for a service I am no longer using. The usage charges was for the month of December, so I paid all of it in the last bill before I cancelled the service, which makes sense and explains why they're all $0.00. What I do not understand why I am getting the Qc tax charges for the January bill.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

Or are you just ...

ok the Quebec municipal tax is the 911 fee that Quebec charges 
Dennis wrote:

Or are you just ...

They charged that in the last bill,  and since then I am no longer using Koodo for services. What does getting this bill mean? That I expect this fee forever? 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

Or are you just ...

Oh you are right.  That shouldnt happen since you canceled on Dec.19.

Ok, you will need to contact Koodo to correct this.  You can send them a private message via Facebook or twitter so you wont need to wait on hold.  Or you can call Koodo but you will need to wait on hold for a good chunk of time.

If you are lucky, a rep might see this post and help, but it is unlikely
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

Or are you just ...

If you call Koodo, call in the morning (9AM) as there's less people calling then!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

Or are you just ...

If you call Koodo, call in the morning (9AM) as there's less people calling then!