Koodo Community
Question

Cancel account

• 9 November 2020
  • 11 replies

I have been trying to cancel my account for over a week.  My phone is not blocking calls from Koodo.   When I press one to receive the call it does not work.  When I have talked to someone my call is disconnected.  There is nowhere online to cancel the account.  This is FRAUD, and this is theft.  There is no way to cancel the account without talking to a representative and Koodo makes it impossible to speak to anyone.  How is this legal?

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You mentioned that “When I press one to receive the call it does not work.  When I have talked to someone my call is disconnected. “

Your call is disconnected from anybody or only from Koodo?     Do you have any other phone ( family member or friend) you can receive call from Koodo ?

Are you planning to change your provider? If so, you can just transfer/port your number out. Then your account will be canceled once porting is done. 

I have tried to enter my daughters number in the digital chat and it was not accepted it was scribbled out ???  I want to cancel my phone because I do not use it.  I am a pensioner on a limited income and this is not an expense I can afford anymore.  I am ONLY having this issue of call back with Koodo.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I have tried to enter my daughters number in the digital chat and it was not accepted it was scribbled out ???  I want to cancel my phone because I do not use it.  I am a pensioner on a limited income and this is not an expense I can afford anymore.  I am ONLY having this issue of call back with Koodo.

If you have issue to receive call from Koodo ( disconnection), and they don’t accept your daughter’s number… Then you need to send them message through FB or Twitter.   You can mention them  you have been trying to set up call back. But it doesn’t work. 

Seriously I have to deal with my account on social media?   That is the best you can do!  I don't have social media accounts. 

So, to confirm, if I do not get a social media account I am not going to be able to deal with Koodo?  If I switch over to Telus you will stop billing me?  Please confirm the answer to both of these questions.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You can get in contact with Koodo by scheduling a callback through the Digital Asistant : http://koodo.ca.ada.support/chat/?language=en.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

"if I do not get a social media account I am not going to be able to deal with Koodo?  "

• Well, you said you had a issue with call back on your phone. You said phone keep disconnecting.   And  you also said that  the system doesn’t accept your daughter’s number.      If you don’t have any other phone to receive call  from Koodo, then using social media is the other option.
  • "IfI switch over to Telus you will stop  billing me?"
  • If  you port  your number out to different provider, then yes, your Koodo account will be canceled once porting is done.  Koodo will send you final bill including remaining Tab balance and any overage charge if any.   You can log into your self serve for 90 day after the cancellation. So you can check it to make sure any charge were  clear.

Thank you Mayumi for your responses.  

I would like to clarify the issue with the call back is an issue at your end NOT my end.  However I now have the information to cancel.  I am upset that I will have to pay another company for phone service to cancel Koodo, but so be it.  I am not willing to create social media accounts to deal with a telephone bill.

Robert T, WOW thank you so much for your very helpful reply in this feed.

As to your tag line….

“When you like my post, my boss gives me a raise, my dog is happier and my kids love me more.”

I wish there was an unlike, so your boss would deduct from your pay. My apologies to your dog and children.  

Had you read the feed, ie had you been doing your job well, you would have see I had tried for over a week to receive call backs.  

I think you just about sum up the level of service Koodo is willing to provide.

FOR YOUR INFORMATION and FOR ANYONE ELSE WHO IS DEALING WITH ISSUES CANCELLING THEIR ACCOUNT

The callbacks were received, my phone was NOT blocking them.  There was an issue at Koodo’s end.  When I would “press one to speak to a rep”  nothing would happen and then the phone would disconnect.  The digital chat would let me know I had missed the call and there would be another attempt.   This would happen two more times.   

I have noticed others in the your community chat have come up against the same issue.  AND Koodo just keeps billing them each month.

When I did speak to a rep, the phone call disconnected at Koodo end.  My phone was on speaker, on the table, fully charged!

It should not be this difficult to cancel a service.  If Koodo wants everything to be self service online, then I should be given an option to cancel my account on your web.  The time it has taken to cancel is time you will charge me for.  If the time it takes to cancel  over laps into another billing cycle you will charge me more.  That is theft.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thank you Mayumi for your responses.  

I would like to clarify the issue with the call back is an issue at your end NOT my end.  However I now have the information to cancel.  I am upset that I will have to pay another company for phone service to cancel Koodo, but so be it.  I am not willing to create social media accounts to deal with a telephone bill.

Trust me we believe you when you say the issue is not on your end.

Yes I know it sucks the callback feature is not working for you.  But it seems like porting to another company you have to pay is a lot more troublesome than creating a social media account.  You don't even have to use your real name.  it is just like creating an account on the community.

Robert T, WOW thank you so much for your very helpful reply in this feed.

As to your tag line….

“When you like my post, my boss gives me a raise, my dog is happier and my kids love me more.”

I wish there was an unlike, so your boss would deduct from your pay. My apologies to your dog and children.  

Had you read the feed, ie had you been doing your job well, you would have see I had tried for over a week to receive call backs.  

I think you just about sum up the level of service Koodo is willing to provide.

FOR YOUR INFORMATION and FOR ANYONE ELSE WHO IS DEALING WITH ISSUES CANCELLING THEIR ACCOUNT

The callbacks were received, my phone was NOT blocking them.  There was an issue at Koodo’s end.  When I would “press one to speak to a rep”  nothing would happen and then the phone would disconnect.  The digital chat would let me know I had missed the call and there would be another attempt.   This would happen two more times.   

I have noticed others in the your community chat have come up against the same issue.  AND Koodo just keeps billing them each month.

When I did speak to a rep, the phone call disconnected at Koodo end.  My phone was on speaker, on the table, fully charged!

It should not be this difficult to cancel a service.  If Koodo wants everything to be self service online, then I should be given an option to cancel my account on your web.  The time it has taken to cancel is time you will charge me for.  If the time it takes to cancel  over laps into another billing cycle you will charge me more.  That is theft.

Just so you are aware, we are volunteers here and customer just like you.  Koodo staff will have an Official Rep next to their name.  I’m sure Robert just mis-read your initial post.  It likely doesnt help that French is his mother tongue.

Thanks Dennis for the clarification.  I had no idea Koodo was so unprofessional as to run its business with volunteers.  

My apologies to Robert T, is was unaware you were just a customer.

Commission for Complaints for Telcom-Televison Services.

I am sending in a formal complaint to the CCTS.   For anyone else having issues with Koodo this is the website 

https://www.ccts-cprst.ca

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thanks Dennis for the clarification.  I had no idea Koodo was so unprofessional as to run its business with volunteers.  

My apologies to Robert T, is was unaware you were just a customer.

I am sending in a formal complaint to the CCTS.   For anyone else having issues with Koodo this is the website 

You are free to file a complaint with the CCTS of course.

But that is how a public forum works.  People ask for help, people share their knowledge to provide help.  A lot of companies have a public forum, especially larger techy organizations 

Thanks for you Response Dennis.  

You are free to file a complaint with the CCTS of course.

But that is how a public forum works.  People ask for help, people share their knowledge to provide help.  A lot of companies have a public forum, especially larger techy organizations 

My complaint is not with the forum, or anyone on here.  My compliant is with Koodo.  

For anyone else who is struggling with canceling an account with Koodo through lack of Customer Service contact and call back issues there is a formal Complaints Commission.