Koodo Community
Solved

can your shipping address be different then you billing address online

i am looking to know can your billing address be different the you shipping address online
icon

Best answer by Mats 30 January 2019, 23:29

blueraven12 wrote:

i am looking to know can your billing address be different the you shipping address online

The shipping address has to match the billing address.

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I don't think the transaction will go through
blueraven12 wrote:

The shipping address has to match the billing address.
Userlevel 6
From memory, the Koodo web store does not even let you enter a shipping address at all. I only point this out as someone said the transaction wouldn't go through, but in fact, the transaction would never get the chance to not go through due to entering a different shipping address, simply because you physically cannot enter a separate shipping address. The billing address is automatically used, with no way to override. When I called the Koodo web store support (was back in Nov 2017) about this, I was told even they could not change the shipping address, and this is done to curb fraud. I get that, but it sure was inconvenient for anyone that works a full time job outside of their home during the hours when deliveries take place!
srlawren wrote:

From memory, the Koodo web store does not even let you enter a shipping address at all.

I think why the OP is asking is because when you go to order a phone it gives you 2 options. It asks if this is the correct shipping address and it shows your billing address, then it gives you the option to say yes or to change the address. If you select yes it then brings you to your "my profile" page which will let you change your billing address.
I am a bit off topic, but you may find the information pertinent.

On January 23rd 2019, someone succeeded to access my account, and edited my profile including the billing address. The hacker ordered a Pixel 3 and had it shipped to Montreal to the shipping address he edited. The phone was charge on my balance. This is how I noticed something was wrong with my account from the invoice.

How they got access to my credentials is still under investigation by Koodo.

Have you heard of any Koodo database leak ?
@Castor

Have not heard of a Koodo database leak.

If a user has been with Koodo over 6 months the billing/shipping address can be different than what the address is for the credit card that is used for an online purchase. Less than 6 months all info has to match. Even if it is a $0 down phone that is ordered a valid credit card must be used for an online purchase. If the phone was purchased outright you have to pay that right away with the credit card. Only a monthly tab charge can be added to your bill. Did the hacker also have your credit card info?
I have been with Koodo since 2011, then billing and shipping can be different. That been said, my credit card information are not stored in my Koodo profile, therefor the hacker could not use it. I prefer to use the payment services from my financial institutions.

My balance is now at 960 from 210 according to my records.

I was reading that a two steps login process (second step is a confirmation code sent by SMS) can prevent this type of hacking. Wonder if Koodo could do so?
Ordering online requires a credit card and only a tab can be added to your account which is then paid out over 2 years by a monthly fee. The down payment for a phone has to be paid at the time of ordering by the credit card. Something strange happened if the new phone somehow got added to your bill for payment and no CC info was needed. If you had a previous tab, that balance could get added to your bill if a new phone was ordered because you can only have 1 tab. Since Koodo is investigating it I hope it gets straightened out for you soon.

https://www.koodomobile.com/help/ordering-online

I'm sure Koodo, as well as all carriers, are always doing what they can to prevent fraud but still make the ordering process as painless as possible.