Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Can't make a payment with a VISA gift card

I have to pay my bill with a visa.gift card and Koodo does not accept. What to do in order to make the payment with a visa.gift card? Please Help

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You should be able to make a payment with a prepaid visa credit card
http://help.koodomobile.com/my-bill/billing-and-payment-options/how-can-i-pay-my-bill

Did you get an error message? What does it say?
"We can't process this transaction at this time because we are unable to verify the details of your credit card."
Userlevel 7
Perhaps the card wasn't activated properly? Or maybe there aren't enough funds to cover the amount you're paying?

You could also try calling into customer service to see if they can try to process it manually.
This has also happened to me when I used a credit card to pay for my bill previously. Except mine was a prepaid mastercard.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Gift cards have to be registered online for online use.Once you do Yannick it should work.
Userlevel 2
You need to call *611 to make registration if you have an international credit card or prepaid card. Same issue may happen when using some American Express credit cards.
When I tried to rent a car using a Visa.gift Card the same thing happened to me.  Different circumstances but the same problem.  

It had to do with them not being able to swipe the card but still, money is money.  [b]VERY FRUSTRATING!

I had to try to find someone to buy my $200.gift Card and that was not all that easy.
Trying with Visa gidt card buyed in Quebec and registered online, used on another website perfectly, but won't work in koodo

like Diana sais; money is money

Totally frustrating
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Carl Lalonde Dumoulin wrote:

Trying with Visa gidt card buyed in Quebec and registered online, used on another website perfect...

What did you try to pay?   Was there enough fund in it? Did you get an error message?
The Visa.gift cards or The Perfect Gift cards have $20.00 holding fee's you have to include. So if your bill is say 50 dollars.. you would need to have 70.00 dollars on your gift card in order for the transaction to go through. So make sure you put 20.00 dollars on your card then the payment you are trying to make. It should clear the holding charge within a 3 to 5 business days. Use the last $20 for a bottle of wine or whatever.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
FrustrationCentral wrote:

. Use the last $20 for a bottle of wine or whatever.

Or groceries.