Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Can I "suspend" my phone service for a month so I keep my number but don't have to pay while I'm out of the country?

I'll be gone for a month - can I put my service on hold for that time while my phone is not going to be used?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yes, you can.............. this will cost you $15 for the month. But there is a drawback, if you are on a very good grandfathered plan, you will not be able to get that back, you'll have to pick a plan that is currently available. If you don't mind that, pick the seasonal hold plan from your self service 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sure. You can put it on seasonal hold for $15/month. Then when you get back you get to choose any plan that is available at the time
Thanks very much you two for the quick responses - this is very helpful.
Userlevel 7
Just to add, you can actually do the plan change to the seasonal hold right in selfserve. Just click the "Plan" tab then choose the "change my plan" link You'll see the seasonal hold listed there.
No. There is NO seasonal hold option listed under change plan. Looks like you have to call them and then they want $10 for privilage of speaking to them. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Janice Bradshaw wrote:

No. There is NO seasonal hold option listed under change plan. Looks like you have to call them a...

This thread is 3 years old, Janice, and things have changed in that time. A fee is charged for staff completing tasks you can complete in self-serve. Since you cannot switch to the seasonal hold in self-serve, no fee is charged.