Koodo Community
Question

Can I refute my bill after it's been paid?

• 3 November 2020
  • 3 replies

Hello, 

I’ve been out of Canada for the last month and turned my data off at the airport and have not made any calls or texts, I was charged an extra $32 on my bill and the charges are not accurate as it says I’ve used data and have called a 9999 number multiple times, all of which never happened. I have auto pay on so the bill was automatically paid on October 22. I get back to Canada on November 6, will I be able to call Koodo and refute this bill then?

Thank you in advance 

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Unless its changed you have 30 days to dispute a charge. You could even send a private message to Koodo via Facebook messenger or dm via Twitter to refute it now instead of waiting.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The 9999 code is the code to denote the start of an “easyroam” event. It isn’t a real number. https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/easy-roam

Although you didn’t use data, call or text but sometimes phones could register some data usage when you turned on/off or you might let the phone to send SMS on its own (iPhone imessage  or Android visual voicemail could do this).

Anyway, I would suggest you check the phone data usage to see how much data it was. If the data was small, they might be able to fix it for you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@BiancaGW Dinh above is correct. If you look at your detailed billing you will find calls (even if it’s voicemail retrievals) made from the states over a period of a few weeks.