Koodo Community

Community

Solved

can i move one line from my account

I have two phone number (and two SIMS) in my account.

I want to move one of the numbers to another user account. How  do I do that?

Practically, I have my daughter's phone under my account. How can I give her the independence to pay her own phone bill by giving her own account and paying her own bill?

Thanks in advance.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It's very easy really, you both need to visit a store and have them split off her line to her own account. Bring two pieces of ID (both of you) and the cost is $25 🙂 Is she of legal age? She needs to be 18 or 19 depending on your province.
Brilliant! Thanks for the reply.

But it seems like it's cheaper for me to just ditch the SIM and buy a new SIM ($10) for the new account.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
gwilsonmail wrote:

But it seems like it's cheaper for me to just ditch the SIM and...

Well that wouldn't work... A sim card is not independent from the account. You could cancel her line and start again, but she'd lose her number.
gwilsonmail wrote:

Point noted.

But if I port the number out.
Add a SIM to a new account.
Throw away the old SIM, install the new SIM
Port the number to the new account.

It will cost $10 and not $25.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
gwilsonmail wrote:

The account would still be in your name, though. At some point you need to transfer the account to your daughter.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
gwilsonmail wrote:

Actually that would work, if you port the number to prepaid or so and then back into a new account under her name. However I'm not sure if you'd save much money that way.. After all you would need to purchase the prepaid SIM, add funds, port out, back in... And if you port to another service than Koodo prepaid you'd have to wait a few weeks until the system flushes the number before you can port back in. I like your idea of trying to be frugal but I don't think it can be pulled off in this case.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
gwilsonmail wrote:

I think they drop the fee for the Transfer of Ownership to $10.

And If she need/want to have her own account, she have to pass a credit check first.  
Transfer of Ownership - she can keep her number and plan.
Port to prepaid > port back to post paid(if she is eligible) - she can keep her number but she have to pick a new plan.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
gwilsonmail wrote:

Ohhh thanks Mayumi, I didn't know the transfer is now $10. That solves everything I guess 😃