Koodo Community

Community

Solved

can i get the minus current charges??

Hi. i was a user of Koodo mobile before i cancelled my account yesterday. There were some inevitable reasons that i had to cancel my account. Anyway i am just wondering can i get the minus current charges? Actually my bill date was 17 of every month and the cancellation date was 1-April also I've paid my phone bill by debit card at the bank. If it's possible to get that money, how can i get the money? and when could i get it? Please let me know. Thank you

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you've cancelled and recieved your final bill with any tab amount owing and unpaid balance already billed and you have any money owing to you from Koodo you will have to call Koodo and inquire about a reimbursement. The reimbursement will come in the mail in the form of a cheque payable to the account owner (you). If you overpaid your not cancelling your account then you just will have a smaller amount owning next month as the overpayment will automatically go towards next months bill. You can reach Customer Service at 1-866-99-KOODO (1-866-995-6636) or 647-788-4337. Hours of Operation Monday − Friday: 10am - 9pm Saturday: 9am - 7pm Sunday: 9am - 7pm
Userlevel 3
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

If you've cancelled and recieved your final bill with any tab amount owing and unpaid balance alr...

Just to add, the credit has to stay on the account for 1 billing cycle before it can be refunded in case of any overages from your final billing cycle.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Cancelation date is set on the end of the billing cycle. The last day of your billing cycle (17th in your case) is when your service will stop. - Koodo doesn't require 30days notice, but You will be charged up until the end of your billing cycle. 🙂. They will send you a final bill with remaining tab balance and overage charges if any.
Userlevel 7
Mayumi wrote:

Cancelation date is set on the end of the billing cycle. The last day of your billing cycle (17th...

Are you trying to tell her the account isn't cancelled? I don't get what you're trying to tell her with that since it doesn't appear to have anything to do with the question 😳 If requested, it can happen after the billing date so it's very much possible that it was cancelled on the 1st, depending on when she called in to ask for a cancellation. To the Young Ju Ko, like paul has said once the final bill has come out (which I'm assuming it has), call Koodo and they will send you the money back in the form of a cheque.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mayumi wrote:

Cancelation date is set on the end of the billing cycle. The last day of your billing cycle (17th...

I tried to say that although her account was cancelled yesterday, a charge is imposed till the end of a billing cycle. And I was assuming she will receive a final bill since she had just canceled account yesterday (April 1). My mistake.... I did not answered her question and I made everybody confused (I was focusing on her cancellation too much) My "ESL" moment 😞