Koodo Community

Community

Solved

can I get a koodo plan with a US credit card?

I am a US citizen and will be staying in canada long enough that I will need a phone plan here. will I be able to make payments with my US card?

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Unfortunately Only a credit/Visa Debit card registered to a Canadian address can be registered to your account. International credit/Visa Debit cards are not accepted.
Userlevel 7
Dennis wrote:

Unfortunately Only a credit/Visa Debit card registered to a Canadian address can be registered to...

I believe they can be if they're registered first, but this can take a few business days. They can't be used for the credit check, though.
Userlevel 7
Dennis wrote:

Unfortunately Only a credit/Visa Debit card registered to a Canadian address can be registered to...

Jonathan is right. International cards are accepted but need to be registered with customer service. It's always been like this, Dennis
Dennis wrote:

So there's no way to get on a monthly plan as they require a credit check? registering would mean I can get a prepaid?
Userlevel 7
Dennis wrote:

Anyone, Canadian or not can sign up on prepaid. But for the monthly plans there is a credit check thay requires two pieces of (canadian) govnt issued ID.
Userlevel 7
How long are you staying for? Will you be able to get any form of Canadian IDs? SIN, drivers license/provincial ID card, or Canadian Credit card + another photo ID like your passport is required to get a monthly plan because they need to do a credit check. You can always do prepaid, though.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jonathan I wrote:

How long are you staying for? Will you be able to get any form of Canadian IDs? SIN, drivers lice...

Consider using a US phone (unlocked) and a pre-paid Koodo SIM & plan while here. No credit check required. Price of SIM refunded on activation. Any AT&T compatible phone will do.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I guess this Koodo link was confusing me about international credit cards

http://help.koodomobile.com/prepaid/topping-up-your-account/how-do-i-top-up-my-account