Koodo Community

Community

Solved

can I change from automatic payment to bank payment?

I have recently changed back to paper billing due to physically related problems. How do I change from having my bill automatically deducted to allowing me to pay it via my bank myself once I have received the bill in the mail?

17 replies

Userlevel 3
You can change this through your self serve online. Click on billing then click pre-authorized payments and remove it. Otherwise Koodo customer service can do it for you 866-995-6636 option 4.
I have gone to self serve, billing, and then to pre-authorized payments. I looked into the edit link, but it just shows how I can change from one method to another. I'm afraid I can't see where I can cancel any pre-authorized payments. Sorry if I'm being dense.
Userlevel 6
This is one thing you can't do online. Stupid. Doesn't make much sense. You will have to call to get yourself off pre-authorized billing.
Oh. I hope it doesn't cost me the Earth. Thank you, and is this the number I call? 866-995-6636 option 4 I called a long time ago about something, but it was on my mobile phone and didn't cost money...it had to do with billing. Appreciate your help.
Userlevel 7
AnnieMorgan wrote:

Oh. I hope it doesn't cost me the Earth. Thank you, and is this the number I call? 866-995-663...

oh also if you call *611 from your koodo phone, you won't be charged for airtime. Just for future reference
Userlevel 7
Since you can't do it yourself then you won't be charged for it. You're only charged if you CAN do it online.
Thank you, Johnathan I.
Oh I do believe that was the number I called that time before....thank you Daniel Kim, I'll try that one first!
Userlevel 7
AnnieMorgan wrote:

Oh I do believe that was the number I called that time before....thank you Daniel Kim, I'll try t...

No problem 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The idea is still under consideration. Hoepfully it will happen as it makes all the sense in the world http://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/cancel_pre_authorized_payments_in_self_serve
I will have to get my husband to take the phone up to a koodo kiosk at the mall and get them to change from pre-auth. to my choice (bank, in this case). Very frustrating indeed.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
AnnieMorgan wrote:

I will have to get my husband to take the phone up to a koodo kiosk at the mall and get them to c...

Did you call customer service? Did they tell you to go to kiosk to cancel your pre-authorized payments? They should be able to do it over the phone.(with customer service)
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
AnnieMorgan wrote:

I will have to get my husband to take the phone up to a koodo kiosk at the mall and get them to c...

If you are just changing the pre-auth bank you can do that in self serve
Does customer service have a number I can call on my cell phone and that isn't long distance? I know I called once before but it was a long time ago and I'm sure it was a three-number thing on my phone. I tried the 611 and got my internet server for some reason instead. I tried *611 and was told it wasn't a viable number. It will just be less hassle for my aged mind if my husband goes to the kiosk and gets them to do it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
AnnieMorgan wrote:

Does customer service have a number I can call on my cell phone and that isn't long distance? I ...

*611 should work from your Koodo phone. I just did it. What did automated voice said when you dialed *611?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
AnnieMorgan wrote:

Does customer service have a number I can call on my cell phone and that isn't long distance? I ...

It's *611 on your Koodo cell or 1-866-995-6636
'You have reached a feature that is not on your.....' and I forget what the voice went on to say. I shall dial the 1-866 number later this evening when I may not have to wait so long for an agent. Thanks for all your help - I'm sure I can take it from here!