Koodo Community
Solved

Can I cancel on 1st day of billing cycle?

• 18 September 2020
  • 6 replies

I meant to cancel on the last day of my billing cycle but I accidently left it until the 18th (first day of next billing) to cancel. Will I be charged for the entire month or if its the first day can I cancel and not be charged for the whole month? Thanks

icon

Best answer by Dennis 18 September 2020, 19:36

It depends.  If you used 0 talk and data, then it will be just for the 1 day.

If you did use data or talk and the amount used is above the prorated amount for that day and it incurrs overage, they will charge you for the month as it is likely cheaper than incurring the overage.

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It depends.  If you used 0 talk and data, then it will be just for the 1 day.

If you did use data or talk and the amount used is above the prorated amount for that day and it incurrs overage, they will charge you for the month as it is likely cheaper than incurring the overage.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You should be able to cancel at any date and only have to pay for the days you have service with Koodo. Data usage shouldn’t have any overage if you cancel in middle of a billing cycle though.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hello,

In accordance with CRTC mandate, customers are able to cancel their services effective immediately, and have all recurring rate plans and add-ons prorated.

In order to simplify their final invoice, we recommend that customers to cancel effective the end of their bill cycle:

• Minimizes the potential for pay per use overages due to proration of their allotted services for the month.
  • Reduces the need to claim refund cheques for small amounts due to prorated credits.

After the cancellation, you can still view your e-bill for 90 days, so I advise you to check the last bill that will be issued by the system. 

Best regards, 

Helen

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You should be able to cancel at any date and only have to pay for the days you have service with Koodo. Data usage shouldn’t have any overage if you cancel in middle of a billing cycle though.

Yes it can.  If you cancel half way, you only get half the data.  And if you used more than that in the first half of your plan you will incur overage.  This would be why it may be better to pay for the full month  if the overage is more than your remaining monthly plan cost

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes it can.  If you cancel half way, you only get half the data.  And if you used more than that in the first half of your plan you will incur overage.  This would be why it may be better to pay for the full month  if the overage is more than your remaining monthly plan cost

Eh, can you point me to an example or a Koodo policy? . AFAIK, only minutes are prorated.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Eh, can you point me to an example or a Koodo policy? . AFAIK, only minutes are prorated.

it works the same way as pro-ration.  If you leave half way and only pay for half your plan, you only get half the data and minutes. It is similar to a rate plan change, but you are changing your plan to a canceled plan.

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/proration