Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Can I bill my savings account in the pre-authorized payments tab or can I only do that for a chequings account?

Hi there! I am writing to inquire on whether or not it is possible to set up my bill to take the funds from my savings account at RBC automatically. I have the transit, institution and account numbers and I see that I can place them in the pre-authorized payments tab on the Koodo website. It says it works with a chequings account but does it only work with a chequings account or will my savings account work? Thanks for your time and have a good day!

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yes, I'm pretty sure you can set it up that way with RBC. But did you know that RBC takes a $5 commission for each payment if you pay directly from your savings account? We're with RBC as well and I make sure always to use our checking account for that reason...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sophia wrote:

Yes, I'm pretty sure you can set it up that way with RBC. But did you know that RBC takes a $5 co...

I'm with RBC and I have never got charged $5 for pre-auth payments from my savings account? Would there be a charge for online banking payments through your savings account?