Koodo Community
Solved

Calling Koodo Outside of Canada

• 9 September 2019
  • 10 replies

Hello,

I am on exchange in Europe for the next 4 months and noticed I have a single Easy Roam charge from a few days after I landed. I have had my Koodo sim card off since landing and bought a European sim right away. I believe this charge is likely just a mistake. Regardless I was hoping I could contact Koodo to address this issue but have yet to find a way without triggering another day of Easy Roam and thus another charge.

Contacting *611 just sends me a text, which suggests the online chat, which does not accept my European number for a call-back. I have also messaged the Koodo Facebook and Twitter accounts with no luck.

How can I contact Koodo? As a last resort, if I use Easy Roam to call into Koodo, how likely would an agent waive that charge given there seems to be no other method of contacting support?

Thanks in advance for any help!
icon

Best answer by Dinh 9 September 2019, 20:32

When did you send message to their facebook? facebook messaging is not a live chat. I would suggest you wait for them to reply. It is free and most convenient if you are oversea.

You could call them at the 1 (866) 995-6636 if you can pay the long distance charge from an EU number.
View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
When did you send message to their facebook? facebook messaging is not a live chat. I would suggest you wait for them to reply. It is free and most convenient if you are oversea.

You could call them at the 1 (866) 995-6636 if you can pay the long distance charge from an EU number.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
WHen did you take your sim card out? WHile in Canada or after landing in Europe?

You could call them at the 1 (866) 995-6636 if you can pay the long distance charge from a EU number.

Thanks for the response. I sent the message about 12 hours ago.

Not interested in paying any additional long-distance charges if I can avoid it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You can also call them fro free by using Skype
WHen did you take your sim card out? WHile in Canada or after landing in Europe?
Thanks for the reply. I have a dual slotted phone so technically I never took it out but I turned roaming off on my sim prior to take-off. I believe the single Easy Roam charge is stemming from an incoming MMS I received.
You can also call them fro free by using Skype
Thanks for this information. Seems like it would be the best bet!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

WHen did you take your sim card out? WHile in Canada or after landing in Europe?Thanks for the reply. I have a dual slotted phone so technically I never took it out but I turned roaming off on my sim prior to take-off. I believe the single Easy Roam charge is stemming from an incoming MMS I received.

Turning the phone one and off might make a roaming charge to happen. Also, incoming texts are free so you won't be charged for that text. something else made the charge appear.
Userlevel 3
Hi there @Patrick.17 ! 🙂 Thanks for contacting us! 🙂 Could you please tell me if our representatives have already answered your Facebook & Twitter posts? - Alex
Hi there @Patrick.17 ! 🙂 Thanks for contacting us! 🙂 Could you please tell me if our representatives have already answered your Facebook & Twitter posts? - Alex
Hi Alex. At this time representatives through Facebook corrected the issue!
if you are listening to your voice mail, attending calls, outgoing data will trigger easyroam charge. Otherwise, no charges. @Patrick.17