Koodo Community
Solved

Buying a new phone

Userlevel 1

Is anyone else having site issues logging into their self serve account and adding a phone to their cart? July 19, 2020

Sites been down all afternoon with login errors on multiple devices

icon

Best answer by KathrynW 20 July 2020, 01:10

I have been experiencing the same thing for 2 days, not sure how to upgrade when the site won't let you.

View original

30 replies

Userlevel 1

I have been experiencing the same thing for 2 days, not sure how to upgrade when the site won't let you.

Userlevel 1

I was going to speak to a rep but not for a $40 charge to do so.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

This is a customer forum, we (customers like you are)  don’t have access to your account and see the issue. It is much more helpful if you can post some detail of your plan, the phone that you were trying to buy, and a snapshot (without any personal information) of the error. Someone might know the answer or redirect you to a rep. It was tough to know from a simple sentence of the problem like above.

Also, I assumed you are  a current customer and having a working account (not a closed account)?

Userlevel 1

There are multiple customers with the same issue. Confirms it is a site error.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

There are multiple customers with the same issue. Confirms it is a site error.

I managed to add a phone on my own account just now. (just to tested if it was a wide spread issue).

Eh, Tested. The same error showed up.

So I could ordered as a new customer, but it seems I could not add a phone/upgrade on an existing line. I guessed their system had issue as of now.

I would suggest you wait till tomorrow and see if the issue is resolve

Userlevel 1

Test the "check out" process now and see if it recognizes that you have a plan.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I tried again but not successful on my account. Anyway, I would suggest you wait for tomorrow to buy. It is Sunday afternoon and they might have some maintenance.

Userlevel 1

I appreciate your help, thanks.

Yes, I am a new customer, and man!  What a hassle!  Six hours later and finally got my phone ordered, but a waste of time because I  see in my email that they got my plan all wrong, so tomorrow I'm going to cancel- this company is very unprofessional. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@WatermelonDrink @KathrynW What phone have you been attempting to add? We are trying to narrow down the issue and see what the problem maybe. We have several hundreds of orders yesterday so the problem maybe tied to your account for some reason. We are trying to figure things out. Thanks for your patience!

Userlevel 1

Attempted to add A71 to my cart but unable to proceed to the checkout stage of the process.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@WatermelonDrink  Hmmm… I was able to add it to my account.  Did you pass this step?

This makes me thing something about your account that is preventing you...let us try to figure out what it is. As soon as we know we will update here. 

Userlevel 1

I can add to Cart but it doesn't see my plan nor does it remain logged in at this point.

Userlevel 1

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@WatermelonDrink Can you  pls share a screenshot of the error you are getting? 

Ahhh...you just did. Thanks!

Userlevel 1

I can log in, view all my billing,  etc. It's when it's at the stage of "check out" it fails to remain logged in.

Userlevel 1

I m getting the same error when I try to purchase a phone (tried edge and chrome browsers). I can add it to the cart but I get  → Already a Koodo Customer? Login to Self Serve.  when I click login to self serve and select my number an error message pops up on top of the screen: “An error occurred while logging in”

Userlevel 1

I m getting the same error when I try to purchase a phone (tried edge and chrome browsers). I can add it to the cart but I get  → Already a Koodo Customer? Login to Self Serve.  when I click login to self serve and select my number an error message pops up on top of the screen: “An error occurred while logging in”

Update: Koodo has phoned me and is looking into why this is happening. Could be tied to the fact that I have a zero tab balance.

Update: Koodo has phoned me and is looking into why this is happening. Could be tied to the fact that I have a zero tab balance.

I have the exact same issue re maintaining login to upgrade my phone and I do have a small tab balance.

Userlevel 1

This is the same error I am getting.  I'm trying to pre-order the lg velvet.  I also have a zero tab balance.

I am having the same issue - I can view my billing and account info but when I try to view phones to upgrade my current phone (I have no tab) I receive this error message. I have been trying for the past 24 hours with no luck. I can only view them if I say that I am adding a new line but I do not want to do this!

This is the same error for 3 days.  I'm trying to order every phone. The same error occurred.  I also have a zero tab balance.

Userlevel 1

Koodo! Help us, please! Going on day 4

Userlevel 1

Just an update for anyone with the same issue:

I’ve spent 90 minutes on the phone with a Rep and they said no one yet has made a help ticket for this problem. They are creating one now so hopefully their tech team can get this sorted out. 

July 21-2020 10:30am EDT