Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Block/Stop data service when limit is reached for the month

If I sign up for 300MB per month plan, can I have Koodo block data service once that limit is reached?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
There is no such thing, what you can do though is set up an alert to tell you when you've reached 75% of your data and 90% I think! Configurable in self serve
Robert wrote:

There is no such thing, what you can do though is set up an alert to tell you when you've reached...

Thanks Robert.
Userlevel 1
I am not sure what device you are thinking of purchasing to use. However, if you use an Android device there is a data usage section built into the OS. You can turn on/activate your cell data limit and then below that will have sliders that allow you to input your max data (300MB) and also another slider to warn you when you are almost at your limit. You can also enter your monthly billing cycle as well so it can properly keep track. Once you reach 300MB it will turn off data for you and won't turn back on until you manually enable it or until the next month. Now keep in mind this is what your phone is calculating as your data usage and not what Koodo is calculating so results may not be identical. But it's a great tool/feature to use non the less. I would also recommend installing the Koodo Mobile app on your phone to keep track of how much you are using and you can also log into self serve on the Koodo website to find out how much data you have used. Hope that helps.
Excellent ! Thanks a lot.
Userlevel 1
Ike Uzoegwu wrote:

Excellent ! Thanks a lot.

No problem, you're welcome.