Koodo Community

Community

Block data by default on non-data plans

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Every once in a while I see customers complaining about unjust data charges. My solution is simple and I've seen in put into place on certain European carriers already. If a plan does not include a monthly data allowance, then place you data block feature on the plan by default. When a customer signs up for your service, have your employee explain the situation (and that they need it enabled for MMS) and the customer is then required to authorize the removal of the block (and initial that they have elected to do so). Alternatively, they can call 611 at a later time to activate data. With this in place, a customer will not be able to say that a rep forgot to explain how data works. If the rep forgets to do this, then there will not be any surprising charges on that customer's bill because data is off by default.

9 replies

Userlevel 1
It cannot be done by default, I had to call Bell that forced me to pay 1$ per month to block Data from the source, my friend called Koodo and they blocked Data for him for 0$
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
MatB wrote:

It cannot be done by default, I had to call Bell that forced me to pay 1$ per month to block Data...

Of course it can be done. Why wouldn't it be possible? If an option exists in the system, it can be set to be default.
Userlevel 1
MatB wrote:

It cannot be done by default, I had to call Bell that forced me to pay 1$ per month to block Data...

What about other customers that want to pay and use data? why should they bother calling Koodo to unlock blocked Data form source?
Userlevel 4
MatB wrote:

Those customers should state upfront what they want to do with their device. With all that being said to the agent processing the activation, he can make sure the data block is removed. Being dual-trained in Care and Tech, I receive a plethora of calls about surprise data charges and being told they didn't sign up for data. Philosoraptor, I would back you on this idea. I hope they can impliment something like this soon. +1
Userlevel 7
You guys seem to forget Koodo is still a business, with shareholders, etc..and something like this would not be a wise BUSINESS decision for them.
Userlevel 6
Ahmad wrote:

You guys seem to forget Koodo is still a business, with shareholders, etc..and something like thi...

Although I see your point Ahmad, I can't see paying, angry customers (and the word of mouth that comes with it) leaving Koodo as a *better* business plan...
Userlevel 7
Ahmad wrote:

You guys seem to forget Koodo is still a business, with shareholders, etc..and something like thi...

You're over-exaggerating the problem so I don't see your post as a reasonable argument
Userlevel 1
Ahmad wrote:

Worst scenario, leaving Koodo to go to some providers that will block Data for 1$/month. Koodo does it for free if you call their CSRs
Userlevel 6
Ahmad wrote:

Yes, I was over-exaggerating.