Koodo Community
Solved

Billing Problem

Why is my March 2019 bill up $20 ? My monthly is $80 for two phones with no data plans, therefore, no increases due to use.
icon

Best answer by Mats 21 February 2019, 07:57

That was pretty nice of Koodo to give you a break and give you 30% back. In the future you have a few things you can do so data usage doesn't happen again if you didn't already have Koodo do it for you.

Turn data off.

Get the data block add-on on your account. It blocks all data but will allow MMS for $2/month.

If you don't want data off completely, go into the settings of your phone and turn off WiFi assist(iPhone). If it's an Android you'll have to find the box to uncheck 'use data connection when WiFi signal is low' or something close to that depending on what phone you have.

View original

4 replies

Badge +4
Have a look at page 3 of your PDF bill. It will show you any overages there and what they are for.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
No data plans could mean that data was used and you got charged overages.
Could be overages for data, calling, long distance charges, credits on your account that expired, etc.
Take a look at the bill like Mats mentioned above.
Yes I had a lengthy chat with a rep who itemized my data usage which kicked in automatically when a WiFi signal in the area was weak and this automatically was used without any notice to myself. That added up fast and then there were extra taxes. The restaurant I signed into their WiFi said that I would not have to sign in again the next time so I assumed that I was automatically on it for no charge when it allowed me to use it while in the vacinity. This totaled up to an extra ten dollars and taxes for who knows what were another ten dollars. In the end this phone company reduced my extra charges by only thirty percent !!! I had all data automatically shut off !
Badge +4
That was pretty nice of Koodo to give you a break and give you 30% back. In the future you have a few things you can do so data usage doesn't happen again if you didn't already have Koodo do it for you.

Turn data off.

Get the data block add-on on your account. It blocks all data but will allow MMS for $2/month.

If you don't want data off completely, go into the settings of your phone and turn off WiFi assist(iPhone). If it's an Android you'll have to find the box to uncheck 'use data connection when WiFi signal is low' or something close to that depending on what phone you have.