Koodo Community
Solved

Billing issues

• 12 October 2020
  • 8 replies

I finally just ported my koodo number out as there was an issue trying to be succesful on the last day of my billing cycle so I have entered another cycle and Koodo sent me a bill for a whole month instead of 2 days ? Is this normal for Koodo?   

icon

Best answer by Timo Tuokkola 12 October 2020, 17:19

The bill is generated at the end of the last date of your billing cycle. The computer system has no way of knowing if you're going to cancel service two days later, so it assumes you'll be staying for another month. You should see a refund on the final bill after you port out, although you might need to contact koodo to make sure the line is officially cancelled that day rather than at the end of the billing cycle.

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Did you have a working phone with a koodo number before you managed to port your number? If you did, you are billed for that period. If you still wish to speak to a koodo official, ask for a callback via chat or Facebook/ Tweeter

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The bill is generated at the end of the last date of your billing cycle. The computer system has no way of knowing if you're going to cancel service two days later, so it assumes you'll be staying for another month. You should see a refund on the final bill after you port out, although you might need to contact koodo to make sure the line is officially cancelled that day rather than at the end of the billing cycle.

On the last day both phones got new sims and temporary numbers while we awaited the porting but the lady at the kiosk got some info wrong and only 1 number got ported.  I sent a few teexts from the succesfully ported number to the other number but nothing was out going from the other number

I got a bill at the end of the cycle and another instanly as soon as the second number was ported successfully

I guess I will have to wait and see. Hopefully not another headache of the crappy digital assistant just to wait a further 12-24 hrs to get to a human for some actual answers.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I’m not sure why you are saying the digital assitant is crappy. I get to speak to a human in less then 5 minutes with it… 

Lucky you I was given a choice of 12 hrs later sunday morning for a call back or tuesday not to mention I already knew ahead of time that the issues leading up to this posting was about problems porting a number that a chat assist would have 0 chance of sorting out for me. 

To clarify it was the 12 hr wait or tuesday callback that it took to get a porting issue solved and i did not want to go through that again