Koodo Community
Solved

billing issues

I bought a new koodo phone on June 16th and activate the Canada wise talk and text plan worth $25 the very same day. however, halfway into my billing cycle koodo texted me saying that they had my bill ready. the bill comprised of the following: monthly service plans-$27 ; data and other services-$5 ; HST-4.23. the total bill ads up to $36.73! is this normal? can someone tell me what's going on?

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Sophia wrote:

Hi Saptak, Welcome to Koodo 🙂 It is very normal to get a first bill like that, because is con...

Koodo doesn't overcharge. The first bill is always higher because of proration(you can look at the dates on the bill for this). Yes, mistakes can happen, it's like that with any company, but to Koodo's credit, they will at least admit when a mistake is made. It's always important to review your bill to make sure that it is correct and if you feel that it isn't, give them a call. Yes, it does take away from your time from doing other things, but a 5 minute call can save you a lot of headaches. I have been with Koodo since Dec 2009 and anytime that I have had an issue with my bill(very rare mind you), they have been excellent in getting it resolved. I totally understand your worry, but I can guarantee you Koodo does not go out of their way to try and overcharge their customers. Their systems are pretty accurate in making sure that the proper usage is billed. Just remember that when coming to this community, none of us can see your bill or your account so the answers that we can provide are limited, unless you show us that specific information. Good luck with your future bills 🙂.
Sophia wrote:

Hi Saptak, Welcome to Koodo 🙂 It is very normal to get a first bill like that, because is con...

Our 2 month experience is not good with Koodo so far. We have a feeling that they are trying overcharge. We didn't use "data usage" function but last day they indicated that we used 60MB and they charged us. As a matter of fact our phone was closed by that day. We had some problems in previous bill and we got charged subscription bill and other bills. We spoke to him and they agreed with us that it was mistake but it cost us time and nervous. This time it seems they are using different strategy for overpayment. I can imagine how it might be difficult for person without accountant skills. Fell so sorry, they don't even have BBB accreditation... Not sure if I stay longer with this company
Userlevel 1
Sophia wrote:

First bill is explained in this link: http://help.koodomobile.com/my-bill/charges-explained
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Saptak, Welcome to Koodo 🙂 It is very normal to get a first bill like that, because is consists of the days you already used, plus the complete following month. From now on you will be billed only the coming month, so your bill will be $25 plus the extra minutes and/or data that you used 🙂