Koodo Community
Solved

Billing error

• 9 June 2020
  • 6 replies

I live in Niagara.  June 5th I went to Fort Erie, Ontario, Koodo says “Welcome to the USA”  Fort Erie isn’t in USA but is across the border.  I  now have an $8.00 roaming charge for nothing.  This has happened numerous times before and I just paid it because I can find no way to communicate with anyone at Koodo. I’m fed up with these erroneous charges and am not paying them any longer.  I can’t imagine what people in that part of the country have to put up with on daily basis.  How can I get this fee reversed?

icon

Best answer by Timo Tuokkola 9 June 2020, 16:58

Send them a message via Facebook messenger or Twitter DM. By default your phone will connect to the strongest signal. It's not something koodo has control of, nor is koodo aware that you were in Canada when it happened.

You can also search for available networks and manually select koodo, although it will almost certainly go back to automatic once the phone is restarted.

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Send them a message via Facebook messenger or Twitter DM. By default your phone will connect to the strongest signal. It's not something koodo has control of, nor is koodo aware that you were in Canada when it happened.

You can also search for available networks and manually select koodo, although it will almost certainly go back to automatic once the phone is restarted.

Userlevel 4

Hello,

We are really sorry for this situation. I must tell you that accidental roaming occurs very often on border areas. If you will ever get another notification that you are roaming outside of Canada, you will have to manually select Koodo as a carrier on your device and to disable data roaming in order to prevent other extra charges

Best regards,

Koodo Mobile Team

Very frustrating.

How do I get my $8.00 erroneous roaming charge back?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Very frustrating.

How do I get my $8.00 erroneous roaming charge back?

You do what I suggested you do 13 days ago.

I’m not a Facebook user to any extent.  Have never posted anything on it and knowledge is very limited. Why is it impossible just to talk to someone?   Ridiculous process as far as I’m concerned.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I’m not a Facebook user to any extent.  Have never posted anything on it and knowledge is very limited. Why is it impossible just to talk to someone?   Ridiculous process as far as I’m concerned.

Then go to koodo.com/chat, say you have a billing issue and it will help schedule a callback.