Koodo Community
Solved

Billing Error

• 8 May 2020
  • 8 replies

First, I would preface this message by stating I do not have Facebook or Twitter, nor plan on setting up an account with either.

Hopefully there is someone from Koodo monitoring the Community and can help me out with my most recent bill. On April 6, I was charged $19.20, $9.60 each for airtime and long distance. On or about the same date, I changed my plan from 500 minutes, 2 GB to unlimited minutes 1 GB. As you can appreciate, I am somewhat surprised by the charge as firstly, the airtime should have been covered by the plan and the long distance should have been covered by the “Nation-wide local calling”.

A similar thing happened on last month’s bill when a change was made to my wife’s plan.

If someone is able to look into this for me, it would be greatly appreciated.

Kindest Regards,

Brian

icon

Best answer by Dinh 8 May 2020, 03:18

Not sure what happened to you last month, as the thread was archived. Anyway, I will flag this. If a rep cannot help you and you insist not using facebook. You would have to schedule a callback from their digital assistant.

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I would still suggest that you create a blank twitter account for the purposes of account verification. There is no real reason to be so averse to making a blank accountjjust for that purpose. If you refuse to regardless, the only way to authenticate your account would be to get a callback and sometimes it takes longer than other times.

Moving on, what happened is that you likely got hit with a proration charge. Basically if you have 500 minutes, and switch to unlimited, then you witch halfway through your billing cycle, you have half the minutes at 250. But if in that first 15 days you used 300, you're suddenly going to get charged that 50 minute differential. A Rep here has commented that someone in a similar situation had a charge that shouldn't have applied and they did reverse that, but that also needs your email to register here to be the same as your self-serve. You can add a 2 dollar unlimited minutes add-on atm but that doesn't seem to be advertised well enough atm.

Normally I would use the phone, but that currently is not an option. Whether or not to use Facebook or Twitter is a personal choice and I choose not to.

As to what “likely” happened is not a proration charge, but an error with the billing system, which, as I noted, also happened last month. It was the first day of the billing cycle and the call was made after the change. I’m aware that Koodo Employees also visit the Community and someone was able to access and verify my account and post a credit for last month’s error. I’m hoping someone from Koodo will be able to do likewise with the current month’s charge.

Thanks for your input in any event.

Brian

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Not sure what happened to you last month, as the thread was archived. Anyway, I will flag this. If a rep cannot help you and you insist not using facebook. You would have to schedule a callback from their digital assistant.

Thanks Dinh.

Was able to request a callback using the Koodo Assist feature. The charge in question has been reversed. Thanks again Dinh for suggesting I use their digital assistant.

I PAID MY BILL. WHY I RECEIVED 39.69$ BILL?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Have you logged in to your account and read the full PDF invoice? It will explain all the charges.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I PAID MY BILL. WHY I RECEIVED 39.69$ BILL?

Maybe create your own thread with more details after you review your Detailed PDF Ebill that David suggested