Koodo Community

Billing error

Show first post

38 replies

I did not pay the $35 in advance. It was not paid yet. So no.
Userlevel 4
Now we need @Dennis and @Goran to join the party.
They charged me $60 for a $55 plan. Case closed!
I am done. How do I deleted myself from this forum.
You said "My plan was $35 for May 7 to June 6"
So you always get charged in advance for your bills and you said that you changed it with 8 days left so wouldve had:
$35 plan from May 7 - May 29
$55 plan from May 30 - June 6

You paid the $35 in advance so you credited back for the days you didnt use (May 30 - June 6 or 8 days) of the $35 plan which would be $9.34 and then charged for 8 days of the new $55 plan that you chose which would be the $14.67.
So you wouldve got charged about $5 extra, since you only paid $35 in advance for the month but switched to a $55 plan part way through. Instead of charging a whole $20 ($55-$35) they charged you the difference between the days of when you switched your plan.

I didn't pay the $35 in advance. So not correct. No,money exchanged hands. I am billed after the fact.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mel, you always pay for your month in advance. Each bill that you receive from Koodo is for the next month plus overages from the month past. Let me get an example for you real quick.
Userlevel 4
receive*
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Here is an example from a bill for an account that was generated on May 16th. The plan was changed on April 24th so they got a credit for the days not used of their old $35 plan, got charged for the new $25 plan that they selected. And then was charged for the next month in advance.
You can find this same breakdown through self serve by clicking on "Download Bill (PDF)" and navigating to Page 3.

Mel, you always pay for your month in advance. Each bill that you receive from Koodo is for the next month plus overages from the month past. Let me get an example for you real quick

Omg, how stupid of me. Makes sense now. So sorry ! Thank you. Dah!

Mel, you always pay for your month in advance. Each bill that you receive from Koodo is for the next month plus overages from the month past. Let me get an example for you real quick

Omg, how stupid of me. Makes sense now. So sorry ! Thank you . DAH!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Omg, how stupid of me. Makes sense now. So sorry ! Thank you. Dah!

Easy mistake to make. You don't notice that you pay a month in advance until you change your plan and something like this happens.
Have a good night! 🙂
Userlevel 4
One screenshot is worth a thousand Maths I guess.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Mel, you always pay for your month in advance. Each bill that you receive from Koodo is for the next month plus overages from the month past. Let me get an example for you real quickOmg, how stupid of me. Makes sense now. So sorry ! Thank you. Dah!

Was it THAT complicated dude? You wasted everybody's time when you couldn't just sent us your screenshot.