Koodo Community

Billing error

I changed my plan. My plan was $35 for May 7 to June 6. It was updated to a plan that was $55 a month. I was charged $55 a month and was only credited for the 8 days for the $35. ( it is advance charge, not something I already paid)then I was charged the extra for the 8 days based on the $55, so it ended up costing me $60 for the $55 plan. They should credit and charge for the same plan amount ($55) so it ends up even , otherwise they are over charging everyone. Koodo must revisit this or there is going to be a complaint filed with the commission. I saw the error. Please reevaluate your billing when a plan is changed.

38 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Have you received the detail PDF bill? that should explain the detail of billing when you changed your plan. Normally page 3,4 have the detail.

Because you changed your plan in the middle of a billing cycle: They would have to balance out the credit/charge. Here is what I guess
8 days of credit for the $35 = -$9.33
8 days of charge with the new $55 = 14.67
Next month with the $55 = $55

Total = 14.67+55-9.33 = 60.34

On top of that you have to pay tax, any connection fee, any credit...
Ccorrect. Over billed. They credited me for old plan and charged me for new plan. It should be credit and charge for same amount. Math doesn't make sense. Should be $55 only not $60. This is a serious mistake. An over charge,of all customers.
Userlevel 4
Ccorrect. Over billed. They credited me for old plan and charged me for new plan. It should be credit and charge for same amount. Math doesn't make sense. Should be $55 only not $60. This is a serious mistake. An over charge,of all customers.
Show us the correct Math.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

No, I don't think they overcharge you. I would suggest you look into the date of the billing cycle date. They credit you back partially and charge you few days with the new rateplan.

Can you take a snapshot of page 3,4 and post (hide/delete all personal information before posting please).
This is a billing system error.
Correct math. $55 for month. credit for 8 days is 14.67 , charge for 8 days 14.67..bill is as it should be $55.00, not $60. The plan is $55. I am being charged $60. This is the correct math.,
I didn't pay this bill yet.,the plan is $55. Partial charges should be credit/charge for same plan amount listed in monthly charge ($55), otherwise there is a $5 over charge. I am not a financial person but the $5 over charge makes no sense to me. It made no sense to me, so I analysed it.
In a nutshell...I give koodo $55 for the bill. They give me $10 back and I give them $15. I am,out $5, they made $5 for a $55 plan since I paid $60.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Correct math. $55 for month. credit for 8 days is 14.67 , charge for 8 days 14.67..bill is as it should be $55.00, not $60. The plan is $55. I am being charged $60. This is the correct math.,

8 days with the $35 is $9.33 not 14.67
I guess that was the "correct" math
8 days for $55 ..credit is 14.97 ..that is correct math. They charged me for a $55 plan they should credit for a $55 plan. Common sense., I filed a complaint with the CCTS. They will fix it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
8 days for $55 ..credit is 14.97 ..that is correct math. They charged me for a $55 plan they should credit for a $55 plan. Common sense., I filed a complaint with the CCTS. They will fix it.

Common sense meant $35 = $55?
Userlevel 4
Finally a worthy opponent for @Dinh to argue with, and @Dinh is correct. 😂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Finally a worthy opponent for @Dinh to argue with, and @Dinh is correct. 😂
Finally, few kind words from you for me... after all these months.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
By your statement, your plan was $35 a month before you changed it. You would have paid $35 on the previous bill for the full month of service with that plan. Because you changed the plan to one costing $55 a month 8 days before the month ended, you were credited for 8 days of service you didn't use at the $35 rate and charged the new $55 plan rate starting on the day of the plan change. That's not a mistake and complaining to the ccts will do you no good whatsoever.
If you look at the previous bill it is not $35 it is $55. So you are incorrect. I didnt pay it yet. So, we will let CCST take care of it. Thank you for your comments. Have a great evening. So go do what you do best..Have a another drink, until you know something.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
This is a customer forum. We can't see your bill or access your account. If you'd care to post a screenshot of the information in question, however, we'd be happy to take a look.
Obviously people on here that talk out of .....something. I will leave it to to the experts...CCST
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Not sure if your chiropractor will be an expert on your Koodo bill though 😉 I think you mean CRTC.... and they won't be able to sort your bill either especially if it is correct (which seems to be the consensus here).

Seriously though, you can either contact Koodo directly or show us a screenshot of your invoice.... and you'll hear right away if you were overcharged or not.
No.,I am good.,have a good night.,
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Remember - it's "CRTC" - you mentioned every single four letter word except that one 😃 Good luck!
If I tell you you owe me $55 for the next month and you pay me $55, then I give you $10 back for a plan change credit and then ask for $15 more.,you are out $60 for a $55 bill. I am correct. I am paying $60 for a $55 plan. Think about it. You may think I am wrong. This is why I sent it to CCTS. The sad part it they are doing this to everyone, not just me which is why I contacted CCST.
Userlevel 4
No, it's the CCTS that looks at individual complaints.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
All joking aside Mel... did you actually CONTACT Koodo? I mean... directly? Rather than "argue" with a group of random customers just like yourself? (though many here are knowledgeable when it comes to billing and proration, I hasten to add).

No, it's the CCTS that looks at individual complaints.

Thanks 🙂
I contact koodo a number of times and got no response.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
How did you contact them? Did you try Facebook private messenger or the call back system?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You said "My plan was $35 for May 7 to June 6"
So you always get charged in advance for your bills and you said that you changed it with 8 days left so wouldve had:
$35 plan from May 7 - May 29
$55 plan from May 30 - June 6

You paid the $35 in advance so you credited back for the days you didnt use (May 30 - June 6 or 8 days) of the $35 plan which would be $9.34 and then charged for 8 days of the new $55 plan that you chose which would be the $14.67.
So you wouldve got charged about $5 extra, since you only paid $35 in advance for the month but switched to a $55 plan part way through. Instead of charging a whole $20 ($55-$35) they charged you the difference between the days of when you switched your plan.