Community

Solved

Billing dispute

overcharged for long distance

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Why do you think you were overcharged?
Userlevel 7
Billing and account issues can't be resolved here. You'll have to call Koodo at *611 from your Koodo phone or 18669956636 and speak with a rep
Ahmad wrote:

Billing and account issues can't be resolved here. You'll have to call Koodo at *611 from your Ko...

This is the right answer. We had a phone glitch, or both parties failed to end the call, creating a 507 minute phone call and horrendous bill. We looked around the support site, then called 18669956636 and spoke with a rep. Very professional, very helpful, and fair.
We have been with Koodo for almost 7 years now, with the exception of this glitch, have been very happy. After dealing with Customer Support, we are even happier.
Userlevel 3
The only way I can see this is if you paid pay per use rates for long distance. Keep in mind the LD saver gives you a discount on long distance calls. This can added free through self serve.
I'll take it up with them on the phone. I paid for a 10 day unlimited talk US plan and made some long distance calls on the US side near the canadian border. They must have assumed that I called from Canada into US (and charged me) rather than US to US which was covered on the plan.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
ky.pruesse wrote:

I'll take it up with them on the phone. I paid for a 10 day unlimited talk US plan and made some...

Unlikely they assumed anything. It is possible you were connected to a tower on the Canadian side, thus making a call from a Canadian network to a US number. Radio waves don't respect the international border. Many folks on the Canadian side of the border have been surprised by roaming charges due to connecting to a US carrier while still in Canada.
ky.pruesse wrote:

I'll take it up with them on the phone. I paid for a 10 day unlimited talk US plan and made some...

Radio waves do respect the borders. My GPS knows when I cross the border, or enter a different speed zone on the highway. This is the 21st century, and things have changed.
Userlevel 3
Sounds like a case of accidental roaming. What tends to happen sometimes when your near a US border your phone will accidently pick up a US tower and charge you for roaming. Id contact customer service regarding this.