Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Billing Concern

Hi, I recently just got my bill and although I was expecting it to be high since it's the first bill but as I was looking through it, I was confused and a little worried.

When I first got my phone, it came with a number, but I wanted to use my previous number from my previous provider. So I did the steps based on the koodo self-serve website. It worked as described so I was happy about that.

But when I look at my bill, it seems that I was charged for both numbers with the [b]"Tab Charge (15$ each)"?? The other part that I couldn't understand were the [b]"[b]Partial charges" (Where did these numbers come from?) and it was charged on both numbers as well. (I don't understand why they're charged differently on both numbers).

[b]I would like to know if these are correct or incorrect charges, and if they are correct, I would like an explanation on why my bill appears the way it does.

Thank you.[b]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                    ORIGINAL NUMBER PHONE CHARGES
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TRANSFERRED NUMBER PHONE CHARGES

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Hey Juan,

Here is what I think hapenned:

[b]The old number:
You got billed the month in advance as is always the case with Koodo. Then, you changed your number and Koodo acts it as a "New Line". So, you got refunded the cost of the lime for the remainder of the month. You also have to pay the tab charge for that "Month".

[b]The new number:
[b]You got billed the remainder of the month. Then, since Koodo gets you to pay for your service in advance, you also got charged the following month. It's proration. You also got the tab charge for the upcoming month. Although typically you would still only get 1 tab charge, however I wouldn't worry about it. You will just get rid of your tab 1 month earlier.

I hope this makes sense, let us know if you still have concerns about it.
Thanks Mathieu, So the partial charges... are for next month's bill? Sorry if I'm still misunderstanding
Userlevel 7
Juan Jerico Manrique wrote:

Thanks Mathieu, So the partial charges... are for next month's bill? Sorry if I'm still misund...

The partial charges are for the previous month when you first signed up. In most cases it's usually just a couple of days but in your case they gave you a billing cycle that was just 2-3 days old. This video explains overall what happened. It's the same thing for you however, you have it split through two lines due to the phone number change.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Juan Jerico Manrique wrote:

Thanks Mathieu, So the partial charges... are for next month's bill? Sorry if I'm still misund...

The partial charges are for last month's bill (the one with changes) you are charged next month in advance every month. So, in reality, your upcoming month is your normal bill, and last month's was adjusted because you made changes mid-month.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
This bill confused me too.

What mathieu explained to get me to finally understand this bill is that the partial proated amount (from being a new customer - assuming no porting) is 30 days from Dec.9-jan 7.  And you regualr full billing period for the month ahead is Jan 8-Feb.7.  So your regular billing period will always be from the 8th of the previous month to the 7th of the next month