Koodo Community
Solved

Billing

I have recently taken a Koodo plan. I receive a bill for the billing period before the start of the period. Shouldn't I be getting the bill after the end of the billing period ??.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Billing is always a month in advance, Garvin, plus the extras (overage) that you might have used in the previous billing cycle 🙂
Sophia wrote:

Billing is always a month in advance, Garvin, plus the extras (overage) that you might have used ...

Why is that?
Would like an explanation of the previous cycle charges. The link on the ebill does not provide any answers. I removed pre-paid billing because I am disputing this bill. I received a notification indicating prepayment was removed over a week before payment was due yet the payment was processed .
Badge +4
ljo wrote:

I removed pre-paid billing because I am disputing this bill. I received a notification indicating prepayment was removed over a week before payment was due yet the payment was processed .

After removing pre authorized payments it will take one month before it takes effect. So after removing, the next bill will still automatically be paid.

To cancel pre-authorized payments:
  1. Log in to your Self Serve account.
  2. Select View my bill.
  3. Select Cancel pre-authorized payments and select Next
  4. Done! You'll get a confirmation email from us. It’ll take one full billing cycle (one month) for the changes to take effect.
https://koodo-support.acromediainc.com/help/setting-pre-authorized-payments
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
ljo wrote:

Would like an explanation of the previous cycle charges. The link on the ebill does not provide any answers. I removed pre-paid billing because I am disputing this bill. I received a notification indicating prepayment was removed over a week before payment was due yet the payment was processed .

For a detailed breakdown of monthly charges, sign into self serve, select view bill and download the PDF bill. Full details are typically found on page three.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Choosing to not pay a bill you are disputing is often not a wise option. Unpaid bills get reported to Credit Bureaus, even if disputed.