Koodo Community
Solved

billed for 2 numbers


i got a new phone, could not get my number at the store, was told to go to koodo site and change it there, I did, self serve said it was free to do so, but now my bill is here and I am being charged fully for both numbers, how can I get this fixed?
icon

Best answer by Mats 11 January 2019, 01:27

qaz123 wrote:

yes,, there is a $35 connection fee


The $35 connection fee and $10 tab charge is billed to your original number. Then you had plan charges and a tab charge billed to the number you ported in. This is why your 1st bill is so high. Your next bill will be $35 plus $10 tab and taxes.

View original

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sorry could you elaborate on what you mean by you are being charged fully for both numbers?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Are you new to Koodo? If so chances are you are being billed the regular part month up until your billing cycle plus one month in advance not actually for two numbers.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Did you download your detailed pdf ebill? There should be credits and proation that should add up the same as if you did not change your number.

This should also help
https://www.koodomobile.com/help/charges-explained
my bill is supposed to be $35 + $10 tab,,,,prorated for 7 days when I signed, so I was thinking around $50,, I got my bill, it is $49.72 for the original # ( which I changed after 1 day, and $50.16 for my new number
plus taxes and such, to a total of $114.86
qaz123 wrote:

my bill is supposed to be $35 + $10 tab,,,,prorated for 7 days when I signed, so I was thinking around $50,, I got my bill, it is $49.72 for the original # ( which I changed after 1 day, and $50.16 for my new number


Look on page 3 and 4 of your PDF bill. If you did this in-store the original number will come with a $35 connection fee and a tab charge. This is probably what you are seeing.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Can you post a screen shot of the page 3 summary for us (blacking out any sensitive info)
-220.00 -230.00
https://https://https://PARTIAL CHARGES ($)
4.72
4.73
MONTHLY AND OTHER CHARGES ($)
45.00
45.43
ADD-ONS ($)
USAGE CHARGES ($)
TOTAL BEFORE TAXES ($)
49.72
50.16
$99.88
TAXES ($)
7.46
7.52
$14.98
TOTAL ($)
57.18
57.68
$114.86
https://https://https://$9.45 $90.43
--
--
$0.00 $0.00
each line has 2 totals, 1 for each number,,,
it is like I bought 2 plans for 2 numbers,,, but all I did was change my number on the plan
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yeah a screenshot might be easier to understand.

A picture is worth a thousand words
looking through my bill, they even started a new tab, 1 for each number,,,,this is going to be a nightmare to fix,,,
qaz123 wrote:

looking through my bill, they even started a new tab, 1 for each number,,,,this is going to be a nightmare to fix,,,


No it isn't. It will still bring your 1 and only tab balance down. Do you see the $35 connection fee by monthly and other charges on page 4 of the PDF?
yes,, there is a $35 connection fee
qaz123 wrote:

yes,, there is a $35 connection fee


The $35 connection fee and $10 tab charge is billed to your original number. Then you had plan charges and a tab charge billed to the number you ported in. This is why your 1st bill is so high. Your next bill will be $35 plus $10 tab and taxes.
really?,,geez, I hope you are right,,,,so, even if I didn't change my number, it would still be the same?

Hmmm, well, thank you all very much for your help,,,I truly appreciate it ,,,,seniors and technology,,go figure

I will try to learn as fast as I can,,,, Thumbs up to Mats
qaz123 wrote:

really?,,geez, I hope you are right,,,,so, even if I didn't change my number, it would still be the same?



Even if you didn't change your number, the only thing that would be different is that you wouldn't have had 2 tab charges taken off(1 for each number). Your tab balance still will have $20 put towards it instead of just $10.

The link below explains your 1st bill.

https://www.koodomobile.com/help/charges-explained

Reply