Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Bill too high. Charged for too many messages

I was charged for 49 incoming text messages while beeing in the US but I only received 19 (short ones, not several in 1). How can I get a refund for the 30 messages? I was charged for 28 outgoing messages and this was correct.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You should call Koodo (*611), Vanessa and discuss this with them 🙂 Hope you get your refund 🙂
Thanks. I didn't know how to contact them 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Vanessa S wrote:

Thanks. I didn't know how to contact them ;-)

Eh, that's what we're here for! We know everything *cough* ALMOST *cough* but we can't look into your account... you'll need a CS rep for that 🙂
Vanessa S wrote:

Thanks. I didn't know how to contact them ;-)

I was so shocked to see my bill that I didn't see the "contact us" button on the bottom of this website. Never mind. Thanks for helping anyways 😉
Userlevel 6
How is you arrive at the $0.49 charge Vanessa? Did you a text messaging add-on while you were down in the states? If not each message is $0.60 sent or received.
Userlevel 7
Chris Petersens wrote:

How is you arrive at the $0.49 charge Vanessa? Did you a text messaging add-on while you were dow...

"I was charged for 49 incoming text messages". She is talking about the number of messages, not the cost
Chris Petersens wrote:

How is you arrive at the $0.49 charge Vanessa? Did you a text messaging add-on while you were dow...

Yes, i sent 28 messages and received 19 but I got charged for 28 sent messages (which is correct) and 49 received messages (which is 30 over). All messages were charged with $0.60
Userlevel 2
Chris Petersens wrote:

Hey Vanessa! Keep in mind that as soon as you’re in the U.S., you’re charged for incoming/outgoing text messages ($0.60/text). You can add a U.S. feature to avoid extra charges: http://koo.do/koodoadd-ons If you want us to take a look at your account, send us an email (via Self Serve): http://koo.do/YqucV0 so that we can assist you further. ________________________ If you see a good answer, give it a star.