Koodo Community
Solved

Bill shows charges for calls made from my number to my own number!

I am travelling overseas, however for emergency use I have kept my international roaming on a pay per use basis. However, I have noticed that for the past couple months, my phone bill shows that I have received phone calls from my own number and these calls have been charged to me! And these have costed me a bomb!?

Has this happened with anyone else? Could it be voicemail? Any clues? 

icon

Best answer by Allan M 1 May 2021, 12:44

It also will show as a call to yourself if it is a private number that called you as well.

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

That's voicemail.

Did you call your voicemail? 

Thanks for the quick response, Dennis!

So others who called me must have left a message. 

I didn’t call my voicemail even once to access the messages. Still getting charged for it!?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It also will show as a call to yourself if it is a private number that called you as well.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thanks for the quick response, Dennis!

So others who called me must have left a message. 

I didn’t call my voicemail even once to access the messages. Still getting charged for it!?

You should not be charged if someone else leaves a voicemail.

Did you answer your phone while roaming? It sounds like Allan's suggestion above is the most likely situation here

@Allan M - So I checked my phone’s call history to match the date and time. Some of them were numbers saved in my contact list, i.e. people I know. Might indeed be the voicemail. 

@Dennis - That’s what I thought - that I shouldn’t be charged if someone else leaves a voice message! It’s crazy; my call logs showed call durations (for each of these calls in question) of 1 second! And I know for a fact, that I wouldn’t have answered/picked up these calls and then cut them! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Allan M - So I checked my phone’s call history to match the date and time. Some of them were numbers saved in my contact list, i.e. people I know. Might indeed be the voicemail. 

@Dennis - That’s what I thought - that I shouldn’t be charged if someone else leaves a voice message! It’s crazy; my call logs showed call durations (for each of these calls in question) of 1 second! And I know for a fact, that I wouldn’t have answered/picked up these calls and then cut them! 

You say some. What were the others?