Koodo Community
Solved

bill payment not going through?

• 13 January 2021
  • 4 replies

So last night i went to check my bill to double check it got paid cause im a paranoid person that likes to check these things and i noticed i still owed 67.20 for my bill. So i figured i must of forgot to pay it when i usually do. so last night i paid it again just to be sure and when i checked this morning it STILL sais i owe that same amount? is there something wrong with my payment method? or is there a time period it takes for the money to take effect on the existing bill. My biggest concern is getting late fee’s. i dont want to have to pay again.

icon

Best answer by Dinh 13 January 2021, 19:27

How did your pay them? If you used credit card, it should be updated quickly. If you pay by online banking, it take 3,4 business days for something to show up.

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

I paid with my visa card via online banking so i presume then it will be the 3-4 business days then?

Yes, online banking payment is routed through various intermediaries, so it takes time. If you have used their Koodo self-serve payment, the payment should be taken directly from Visa and it should be much quicker.

ok next time i do a bill i will try that instead! cause i already sent payment through on my online banking. and now im late for my bill haha oh well will have to learn to pay attention to my bills and when there owed to plan ahead. thankyou Dinh for your help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I paid with my visa card via online banking so i presume then it will be the 3-4 business days then?

Yes, online banking payment is routed through various intermediaries, so it takes time. If you have used their Koodo self-serve payment, the payment should be taken directly from Visa and it should be much quicker.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

How did your pay them? If you used credit card, it should be updated quickly. If you pay by online banking, it take 3,4 business days for something to show up.