Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Bill not showing partial payment

I made a partial payment last month but it shows I owe the full amount from last month plus the new amount for this month. What do I actually owe since I did pay most of last month's bill?

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Did you pay it on time? If you didn't it won't show on your bill.
Userlevel 5
We haven't received your payment for your December 6 bill, that's why you see a balance being carried forward from last month. How did you make your payment in December?  Check with your bank if you paid via online banking or if you paid with credit card, see if it's been charged.
Josie wrote:

We haven't received your payment for your December 6 bill, that's why you see a balance being car...

Yeah I paid it on Dec 30 I paid 70 of the 90 I owed through my bank
Userlevel 5
Josie wrote:

We haven't received your payment for your December 6 bill, that's why you see a balance being car...

Hi Casandara, we looked into your account and see that you paid your old account number ending in 624.  We'll take your payment and transfer it to your new account ending in 236.  Give us a few minutes to do this.  In the meantime, please update the payee with your telephone banking with the new account number so this won't happen next time you make a payment.  
Josie wrote:

I just realized I did that lol I'm sorry I'll update it right away...is it going to show on my account that I missed the payment or will it be in good standing?
Userlevel 5
Josie wrote:

We caught it in time for you so no issue here.  However, to be completely up to date with your account, you'll need to pay the balance remaining of  $20.90.  Hope this helps!
Josie wrote:

Hey Josie another question...I made a payment after changing the account number and it isn't showing on my bill what should I do?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Josie wrote:

Check to see if it still went to your old account for some reason. Also if you just made the payment give it a few hours and it should show up
Josie wrote:

Made it 3 weeks ago and how could I check the old account? All my login info for the old one now brings me to the new one..
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Josie wrote:

Ahh okay thats probably not the case then. Ill let a Koodo rep take over
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Josie wrote:

Hey Cassandra - the only payment showing on your account is the $70 you originally referenced from December. How did you make the last payment? If through your bank/online banking, check with them to see where it went and make sure you have the correct account number.
Userlevel 5
Josie wrote:

We looked at both the old and new account number, and no payment.  Like Ranjan recommended, if paid at your bank/online banking, confirm with your bank funds were withdrawn as well as the account number it went to.