Koodo Community

Bill is more than double

I recently purchased an add-on to my plan for $15.00. However my bill has more than double to over a hundred dollars. I usually pay $41.00. I see that there is a charge for airtime which has never happened before. I requested to talk to someone but was told that was not an option. I am frustrated and angry.

Tried to to view the responses to a previous post I made about talking to someone and I am denied access. I don’t understand and it is early frustrating. I have been very happy in the past -straight forward bills that did not change, but in the last month the bill has sky rocketed out of control.
icon

Best answer by Bernard Koodo 30 January 2019, 23:42

@Zamboni If you download your bill and flip to page 4 you will be able to see of each call over an above the minutes included in your plan. If you think this will be ongoing situation you may want to consider upgrading to a plan with unlimited plans.

You can always talk to us of course but we don't want you to wait on hold waiting for a rep. Rather, you tell us when it's most convenient to call you and we will. We even send you an SMS reminder to let you know the call is coming. I hope this help shed some light on things.

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello.

Pro-ration might be the cause of your high bill. Here's everything you need to know about your first-bill or pro-ration. Take a look at this video hoping it will make you understand

Source: http://help.koodomobile.com/my-bill/charges-explained/charges-on-your-first-bill

Here's a PDF of what your first bill may look like : http://koodomobile.com/samplebill.pdf

If you have any other question, fell free to ask them
Nope, does not explain why my bill is so high. I really need to have some audio help-but I guess that is not an option with Koodo. Too bad, because I was happy with them for years. I have a temporary situation with which I need some adjustments to my plan, but I could not get any help. So I tried an add-on, but when my bill comes back more than double, I can’t afford that. So it does not seem like Koodo understands me nor is willing to help.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
What addon did you add? And why you needed it. If you added an addon in the middle of a billing cycle, any minutes, data overage before the date would still apply. You can't add an add-on "after the fact" to pay for any occurred overages.

To talk to a koodo agent you could send messages to their Facebook (link is below). You could also setup a callback through their digital assistant.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Zamboni wrote:

Nope, does not explain why my bill is so high. I really need to have some audio help-but I guess that is not an option with Koodo. Too bad, because I was happy with them for years. I have a temporary situation with which I need some adjustments to my plan, but I could not get any help. So I tried an add-on, but when my bill comes back more than double, I can’t afford that. So it does not seem like Koodo understands me nor is willing to help.

What does it say in your detailed pdf ebill that you can download on your self serve. That should shed some light on what you are being charged for. That should help narrow down any errors
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
What plan do you have? Did you change it middle of your billing cycle?
Or did you upgrade your phone and paid off previous Tab ?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Zamboni wrote:

If you're not willing to share the details of your bill with us here, you can always request a callback via the virtual assistant.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@Zamboni If you download your bill and flip to page 4 you will be able to see of each call over an above the minutes included in your plan. If you think this will be ongoing situation you may want to consider upgrading to a plan with unlimited plans.

You can always talk to us of course but we don't want you to wait on hold waiting for a rep. Rather, you tell us when it's most convenient to call you and we will. We even send you an SMS reminder to let you know the call is coming. I hope this help shed some light on things.