Koodo Community
Question

Bill Dispute

I have been charged for phone calls in April yet I have unlimited calling. I want to get this resolved because I refuse to pay over $400 for my current bill.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Can you check page 3 etc of your bill to see what those charges were for? To dispute your bill, you need to contact Koodo through Facebook or Twitter private messenger. Flatly refusing to pay is never a good idea, since that would affect your credit rating… and they might be willing to work with you which would prevent all this agony.

On page 3 it says that I am being charged for “Local Airtime - Phone (minutes)”. 
I have Unlimited Canada-wide anytime minutes and always have with Koodo.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Did you recently change your plan from limited minuted to unlimited?

EDIT: What is the name of your plan and how much is it?

I recently changed my plan from one unlimited canada wide calling plan to another, just with more data on the new plan.  I have always had unlimited canada wide calling with koodo. I do not know how to find the name of my plan. It costs me $50 a month.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Page 4 of your detailed PDF ebill should have Charges for “your number”

Then “Monthly and other Charges”

The line next to your $50 charge is the name of your plan.

Do you also see a section on Page 4 for “Partial Charges”?

Partial charges $45 2GB 500 min Plan SFD (Apr 26 To May 13) -$27.00 $50 5GB Unltd min Plan SFD (Apr 26 To May 13) $30.00 Total partial charges ...................................................................................$3.00

This is the portion that I am concerned with,

Local Airtime - Phone (minutes) $253.80 Included 595:00 (MIN) Free 271:00 (MIN) Additional 423:00 (MIN) Total used 1,289:00 (MIN) Total usage charges ...............................................................................$253.80

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Ok this is what I thought.  Your older plan is $45 and had 2GB and only 500 minutes.  It was not unlimited.

And when you changed your plan, your minutes on the old plan would be prorated as well.

You should have gotten the warning when you switch your plan regarding pro-ration.

At this point, you can contact Koodo to see if they can do anything about the overage charges for your minutes.  You can do this by sending Koodo a private message via facebook or twitter (not a live chat, but they will get back to you in a day or 2).  No promises what they can do for you, but note that a polite and respectful ask can go a long way.