Koodo Community
Question

bill credit for new activation

• 10 September 2019
  • 7 replies

Hi,
I switched over to koodo today (Sep 09) at Bestbuy mobile store in Vaughan Mills mall, Vaughan, ON. The store manager told me that I will get $10/mo credit for first 12months on my $50 medium tab, plus a one time $35 credit (kind of refunding the activation fee) on my 2-3 bill. However, none of these are on my contract. Basically I have no proof for what she told me. So, how can I make sure these two are there, and will be applied as discussed?
They are not shown on my self serve account as well. Should I just wait and see, or can I call and get a confirmation from koodo? Do they charge me for asking these question?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Those credits and activation fee $35 refund wouldn't show up in your contract.

Normally if you don't believe them you could ask them to write something down on the contract document (so you can go back to them later). The promotion was real and ongoing as of now, so I don't think you have to worry. If for some reason you don't see the credit and activation fee refund, you could always go back to Bestbuy or contact Koodo.
Userlevel 3
I wish they would include all details of a promotion in the paperwork. When I switched there was a promotion with bill credits of $180. I went to a Koodo kiosk and the bill credit came up on her computer as $200 (she showed me). I had neither figure in my paperwork so when I only ended up with $180 I had no proof. It happened to several other people too. It was only $20 but goes to show get it in writing.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I wish they would include all details of a promotion in the paperwork. When I switched there was a promotion with bill credits of $180. I went to a Koodo kiosk and the bill credit came up on her computer as $200 (she showed me). I had neither figure in my paperwork so when I only ended up with $180 I had no proof. It happened to several other people too. It was only $20 but goes to show get it in writing.
That situation was different. You got the text of $180 offer. That was the official promo. The rep, for some reason, showed you $200 (on her internal pc) but that wasn't something to show to customers. Anyway, that was a mess but Koodo honored their $180 at least.
Userlevel 3

I wish they would include all details of a promotion in the paperwork. When I switched there was a promotion with bill credits of $180. I went to a Koodo kiosk and the bill credit came up on her computer as $200 (she showed me). I had neither figure in my paperwork so when I only ended up with $180 I had no proof. It happened to several other people too. It was only $20 but goes to show get it in writing.That situation was different. You got the text of $180 offer. That was the official promo. The rep, for some reason, showed you $200 (on her internal pc) but that wasn't something to show to customers. Anyway, that was a mess but Koodo honored their $180 at least.

Don't think it was different at all. Sales, prices, and promos change all the time. An official Koodo store told me I would receive $200 and I did not. There were several complaints in the forums about this - some people were contacted by Koodo by phone about the promo and told $200 and only received $180. Still say get something in writing.
Userlevel 5
Dinh is wrong again?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dinh is wrong again?
A "resident troll" at his best!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I wish they would include all details of a promotion in the paperwork. When I switched there was a promotion with bill credits of $180. I went to a Koodo kiosk and the bill credit came up on her computer as $200 (she showed me). I had neither figure in my paperwork so when I only ended up with $180 I had no proof. It happened to several other people too. It was only $20 but goes to show get it in writing.That situation was different. You got the text of $180 offer. That was the official promo. The rep, for some reason, showed you $200 (on her internal pc) but that wasn't something to show to customers. Anyway, that was a mess but Koodo honored their $180 at least.
Don't think it was different at all. Sales, prices, and promos change all the time. An official Koodo store told me I would receive $200 and I did not. There were several complaints in the forums about this - some people were contacted by Koodo by phone about the promo and told $200 and only received $180. Still say get something in writing.

But you, in the end, got $180. The screenshot of the pc screen wasn't official (you could say Koodo did it but they had denied). And I agree, get something in writing if possible. I often took photos of their flyer or promo at the store if there were promotions.