Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Being charged wrong rate for Koodo Home Phone

When I signed up for Koodo home phone, I was told the price I would be receiving was $5 for the first 12 month. I've checked your website and this promotion is still active. I was however told that I would be charged $20 and receive a bill credit for the $15 back. Makes total sense.

I just got my first bill. I received no bill credit for the first partial month (pro rating), and the first full month only received a bill credit for $10, not $15.

Who do I speak to about this?

EDIT: i see my full name didn't appear, which will make it hard for you to find my account. I am Sean Brockest

Thank You.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You can send a private message to Koodo on Facebook, Sean, or wait here for an employee to chime in 🙂 If they can access your account (if it matches the email address you used for this community), they might be able to sort you out.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you're getting charged more than the 5 per month or equivalent pro-rsted amount you will have to either send a private Facebook message to Koodo's pag or call 611 to settle t billing dispute.
Userlevel 4
SeanB -- it appears that the $5/month wireless home phone 12-month promo restarted today as my parents signed about two weeks ago when the 12-month promo rate was $10/month To the Koodo employee that responds to SeanB's question, could you please advise if my parents registration can be re-done so they can get the $5/month promo?
Userlevel 6
Hey Sean and Jeremy! The $5 promotion did start on November 14th. We do come out with limited time promotions and don't know of them in advance. We wouldn't be able to offer you a promotion that was not available during the time of activation.  Thank you for your time! 
Melissa wrote:

Hey Sean and Jeremy! The $5 promotion did start on November 14th. We do come out with limited tim...

Thanks for your eventual reply Melissa, but I signed up back on Oct 22nd, when you still had the promotion on the first time, and the advertising was still in the store. Even the employee confirmed i would be getting $15 per month as a bill credit for the first 12 months when I noticed the contract said "$20 Plan"

I'll restate my question, who do I speak to about this? 
Userlevel 4
Melissa wrote:

Hey Sean and Jeremy! The $5 promotion did start on November 14th. We do come out with limited tim...

SeanB -- send a message to Koodo through Twitter. They will send you a secure form to authenticate you and look into the issue. Melissa -- not happy with your response. Almost every major retailer offers a form of price protection and will do a price adjustment within a specific period of time. We are talking about a difference $60+tax over the course of 12 months ... a rather small amount of money, but this will impact whether my parents stay with or leave Koodo after 12 months ... or sooner.
Userlevel 6
Melissa wrote:

Hey SeanB, Jeremy is right, you can send us a private message through Facebook/Twitter if you want to speak to us about it. 

Jeremy, we will be able to make an exception if your parents have contacted us about it within 14 days of their purchase.  You can also tell them to contact us via Facebook/Twitter so that we can investigate further. 

Thank you! 

Userlevel 4
Melissa wrote:

Hi Melissa, the most recent message I received on Twitter (asking me to provide the last 4 digits of my father's driver's license) . Was that you? My parents signed up on the 2nd but I raised this concern within the 14 days, so....
Userlevel 4
Hi everyone, Tayeb got my parents' bill fixed up so they get the $5 promo price for 12 months. SeanB, if you have not already done so, follow Koodo on Twitter so that you can direct message them. Associates are on duty 7 days a week and they will reply promptly.