Koodo Community
Solved

Being charged for each SMS on a plan with unlimited SMS. NOT ROAMING!

I have unlimited SMS on my plan ($30 100mb 100min), but this month there is a $17.40 overage charge for SMS. I haven't been out of the country or roaming, I haven't gone over my data, I haven't changed my plan. I checked the usage for the current month, and I am being charged for each SMS again. I can't find any actual phone number to contact anybody at Koodo to deal with this. Please help while I still have time to dispute the charges!

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Did you happen to have been close to the border?
Userlevel 6
Is it premium text? like subscription or charity?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Could you take a screnshot of the charge on page 3 of your ebill for us to look at? Leave out any personal information.
Got through to Koodo on the phone. They are conducting a billing investigation, a third party has apparently been making charges to my account. More details to follow.
I wasn't close to the border (I'm in Ottawa), and they weren't premium texts. When I looked at the detailed usage, I was being charged only for incoming texts from "number not available," but when I looked at the time stamps on those and cross-referenced them with my phone I never actually received any texts at those times. They were weird times too, like 4 in the morning, so I would notice them.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Cory Baldwin wrote:

Got through to Koodo on the phone. They are conducting a billing investigation, a third part...

Yikes.  I didnt even know that was possible, especially without receiving any texts
UPDATE: So the problem was with the text-to-stop service provided by OC Transpo. This is a free service, but Koodo was still charging for it. I only found this out by getting in touch with OC Transpo, nobody at Koodo had any idea, or at least they weren't telling me. Apparently Telus had known for quite some time, but I guess that information never made its way down to Koodo's frontline people.
I still had to pay the bill, but supposedly will get reimbursed. But now I am ten dollars over on my monthly minutes because of the couple of hours I spent on hold trying to sort this out with Koodo customer service. Being on the phone with Koodo trying to sort out a problem caused by Koodo really shouldn't count against your minute cap.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Cory Baldwin wrote:

UPDATE: So the problem was with the text-to-stop service provided by OC Transpo. This is a free s...

Calling 611 to speak with Koodo does not count against your minute cap