Koodo Community
Solved

Being billed for tab charge after it was already paid down

• 13 August 2020
  • 19 replies

Hi,

What is happening? 

I paid off the last of my tab in May. 

My e-bill for June correctly reflected no tab. 

Now I find that my e-bill for July, which was paid without me immediately noticing the discrepancy, and my e-bill today for August both have a $15 tab charge. 

icon

Best answer by Lavinia Koodo 13 August 2020, 21:09

Hello @Wintermancer! Thank you for your patience. I have checked the bills and the tab history, and since you started with this tab in August 2018, the final tab charge was supposed to appear on the bill of July 2020. The system must have suffered a glitch due to the recent plan change and this is why it kept posting a tab charge on the bill, even though the tab was actually paid off. I have applied a credit of $15 + tax on this August bill and you can check your new amount due in Self Serve: koodomobile.com/selfserve. The tab has now dropped from your account but I will monitor it just to be safe, and if by any chance, there’s another tab charge on your next bill, I will remove it and submit a ticket to our support team. Until then, feel free to let me know if you have any questions. 

View original

19 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Are you looking at your bill summary in self serve, email, or the downloadable detailed pdf ebill from self serve?

Please review your detailed pdf ebill and tell us what you see about your tab amount remaining there in may and June. Note that the tab section in self serve had been gltichy so the pdf ebill is the best source of truth 

Wow, that's different and just even more confusing. 

May PDF breakdown says closing tab: -$30

June PDF breakdown says closing tab: -$15

July PDF breakdown just says tab charge: $15 (no closing but should be zero if the other 2 are correct... 

August PDF breakdown just says tab charge: $15 (no closing charge, should be totally paid down in previous one if these are right.)

This conflicting information is pretty frustrating! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Wintermancer As per your service agreement you purchased your latest phone 2 years ago in August. Therefore the last tab payment is for August of this year. Your June bill still shows a tab balance. You can also check your tab history online to ensure everything is alright. Hope this helps!

This is what shows on your June bill relating to tab balance:

Pls send us a private message, if you need additional explanation, on Facebook and we can provide more details once your account is authenticated. 

Hi Bernard, 

Thanks for more explanation. Not on Facebook so if you could just clarify this point that would be appreciated! 

Yes, like you said and I said in my post above, the detailed breakdown does show $15 left in June, so why do both the July and August bills show $15. Isn't that $15 extra? 

Thanks! 

Oh wait. Does this mean I was incorrectly billed in June (no tab charge) and now you are retroactively charging me in August?

$81.02 in May

$43.46 in June 

$58.02 in July 

$58.02 in August 

Did changing my rate plan in the spring glitch Tab things? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Just looking at the bill total can be a bit deceiving as there could be other overages, rate change, etc.

Can you go into your May, June, July, and August PDF ebill and look at the “Your Koodo Tab” section and take screen shots and post it here?

Sure thing Dennis. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

So, after Jun -Jul  bill, you had $15 left.  Then  after Jul -Aug bill, you tab should be paid off.

I think it's because you changed plan in May, their system got some mixed up.  So, I believe the tab charge on Aug- Sep is wrong.

How about tab balance say on self serve? You can check Tab balance history under “Koodo Tab”

I believe Bernard or rep will check your charge and if there was mistake/glitch, then they will adjust it for you.

Thanks Mayumi! Looks like there is a problem! 

Was charged in July but Tab balance doesn't show July, jumps from June to August! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I can flag this to Rep again since it’s showing something wrong on Tab history ( skipping Jul)
But, best way is to send them a message through FB or Twitter. ( I know you mentioned you don’t do FB).  You can set up call back too.

I hope rep can look into your account and give you answer here tho 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thank you for the screen shots. It's weird how there is no "Your koodo tab" section for July and August. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thank you for the screen shots. It's weird how there is no "Your koodo tab" section for July and August. 

I checked my Ebill too. And it’s same.   There is no section of “ Tab balance by user” and “ Opening balance/Closing balance “ on Jul-Aug bill.  I’ll receive my bill next week and I’ll check it again. But, they may be removed those info...

Thanks for flagging again, Mayumi, and for your help too, Dennis. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Hello @Wintermancer! Thank you for your patience. I have checked the bills and the tab history, and since you started with this tab in August 2018, the final tab charge was supposed to appear on the bill of July 2020. The system must have suffered a glitch due to the recent plan change and this is why it kept posting a tab charge on the bill, even though the tab was actually paid off. I have applied a credit of $15 + tax on this August bill and you can check your new amount due in Self Serve: koodomobile.com/selfserve. The tab has now dropped from your account but I will monitor it just to be safe, and if by any chance, there’s another tab charge on your next bill, I will remove it and submit a ticket to our support team. Until then, feel free to let me know if you have any questions. 

Thank you very much for looking into this, and for your help resolving it, Lavinia. Much appreciated! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I checked my Ebill too. And it’s same.   There is no section of “ Tab balance by user” and “ Opening balance/Closing balance “ on Jul-Aug bill.  I’ll receive my bill next week and I’ll check it again. But, they may be removed those info...

I have no tab so i thought it just wouldnt show.

I think it is a bad idea to remove this form the ebill.  Just like it was a bad idea to remove the running declining total from self serve too

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

@Dennis @Mayumi  I really get where you're coming from, we've recently made some improvements regarding the tab information because we've received many requests about it. In Self Serve, you can now see some information that you weren't able to see on the bill before. If you click on 'Koodo Tab', you'll see the remaining Tab and Tab Bonus balances + the number of months remaining. In addition, you can see a detailed 'Tab history' at the bottom of the page, just to make sure you don't miss anything regarding the tab. You can find more details about this update here: http://koo.do/tab

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Dennis @Mayumi  I really get where you're coming from, we've recently made some improvements regarding the tab information because we've received many requests about it. In Self Serve, you can now see some information that you weren't able to see on the bill before. If you click on 'Koodo Tab', you'll see the remaining Tab and Tab Bonus balances + the number of months remaining. In addition, you can see a detailed 'Tab history' at the bottom of the page, just to make sure you don't miss anything regarding the tab. You can find more details about this update here: http://koo.do/tab

Oh actually the tab balance is in the Tab history in self serve.  This is much better.  Thank you @Lavinia Koodo 

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Oh actually the tab balance is in the Tab history in self serve.  This is much better.  Thank you @Lavinia Koodo 

I’m really glad to hear that! It’s always a pleasure to help. :grin: