Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Behrouz

Hi, Most of the time I can't get connection to internet. and I get message that there is no connection. I feel, I'm paying montly payment for nothing. The Samsung S2 that I have also get frozen very often. I'm frustrated and am thinking to change my phone to other company. What should I do?

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Hey there Bruce! how long have you had the phone for ? have you tried a factory reset? if not this usually helps the problem with most phones. Contacts should be saved to your Gmail account if not you can go into contacts tap the menu button merge accounts and merge with Google. you can also save to the SIM card and well selecting import/export and export to SIM 🙂 if you have pictures and an SD card the pictures will be saved to the SD card. If you have Google photos on the phone you can back them up through Google photos and the moment you sign back in with your Gmail account the pictures and contacts will show up 🙂
Userlevel 7
HippieLongstocking wrote:

Hey there Bruce! how long have you had the phone for ? have you tried a factory reset? if not t...

I totally forgot about factory reset. 😕

Hey there Bruce! how long have you had the phone for ? have you tried a factory reset? if not t...

Thanks for the answer. It's been 2 years I have the phone. How can I reset to factory. When I said problem with connection I meant with data not wifi. Do you think it can still help me with connection? I'm gussing it can help me with freezing cell phone but not sure about data connection.
Userlevel 7

1. On the main home screen, just select MENU 2. Select SETTINGS, then select PRIVACY 3. Select FACTORY DATA RESET 4. Select RESET PHONE remember to back up your data before performing a reset by either syncing things with your gmail or manually backing up your phone to a computer via a cable. How's the coverage in your area and are there many tall buildings there? that could be what's interfering with your data connection.

There are no tall building. I live in Simcoe, southwest of Ontario.
Userlevel 7
By internet, do you mean using data or wifi? Changing your phone to another company won't fix those issues unless it is data that your phone can't connect too (that could be a coverage issue). The s2 is a very old device now, so for it too lag is not uncommon. I remember a friend of mine used to have an s2 which had trouble connecting to wifi but i could connect just fine. I think the reason was that the s2 had older gen wifi built in. A new phone will probably be the best solution to your issue. I suggest a moto g or an N5
Daniel Kim wrote:

By internet, do you mean using data or wifi? Changing your phone to another company won't fix tho...

Actually I don't have problem with wifi. But I do have problem with data connection. As I said before the cell phone also gets frozen very often.