Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Banruptcy and getting plan?

Recently bankrupted and need a cellplan ( have own phone ) can the spending limit program be used and would a deposit be required. As well is credit card required ( non as bankruptcy took away )

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Well...a credit check can be done with a driver's license or SIN card number instead of a credit card in order to get a monthly plan. But I don't think you'd qualify if you're currently bankrupt, sorry. But you can always get a prepaid account without even having a credit check.
Userlevel 6
Hi Carl, Im very sorry to hear that. Unfortunately with Koodo, credit checks are always required (even activating just a sim card) for postpaid plans. If you have been recently bankcrupt, it may take time for it to clear your name. I highly recommend calling in to credit bureaus like Equifax or Trans Union who can help you increase your credit score. The Equifax phone number is 1-855-233-9226. Hope it helps 🙂 We would be happy to have you aboard this awesome company. If all things does not work out, Koodo offers the best prepaid plans in Canada.
Userlevel 7
Erwin wrote:

Hi Carl, Im very sorry to hear that. Unfortunately with Koodo, credit checks are always requir...

"Koodo offers the best prepaid plans in Canada." *note thats based on Erwin's opinion and no factual data... There are def some better rates out there and it all depends on usage patterns really
Userlevel 6
Erwin wrote:

Hi Carl, Im very sorry to hear that. Unfortunately with Koodo, credit checks are always requir...

Thats true, its my biased opinion. But if you compare other prepaid plans, Koodo is the only one who offers carry-on add-ons, that means they never expire. Its cheaper in the long run. For example, if someone buys a 1GB booster, you can use it until its all done, doesnt matter if it would take 5 months. Hope that makes sense.
Userlevel 7
Erwin wrote:

Erwin, like I have previously stated, it all depends on the persons usage. I know exactly how Koodo's prepaid works. If someone is going to use 1GB in a month anyways, being able to "roll-over" your data won't matter to them. Do you understand where I am coming from now?
Userlevel 6
Erwin wrote:

I see where your coming from but I am not aware of anyone other than me who uses 1GB of data in a month, not only that but people could also get 500 talk minutes nationwide. Well I guess it depends what type of people and how extreme they are using their phones but for general population, its unlikely that they would go over 1GB and over 500 minutes of talking minutes especially that they would also get other features from their base plans. But thank you for your comments, it definitely gives us another point of view of this situation. Thank you.