Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Avoid proration charges?

Just as the title says, how can an individual avoid proration charges when dealing with a plan change? My billing cycle ends on the 5th and starts on the 6th of each month, and I want to change my plan from the $30 promo double to the standard $20 and increase the data by much more. Can I change it at any time or does it have to be when my cycle ends? Many thanks.

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4
If you dont want to see proration charges, change your plan on the last day of your billing cycle, that is the 5th!
Userlevel 7
You can change it at any time but you will see proration. The best way to avoid it is to change your plan on the exact day your billing cycle ends. Regardless, I would suggest doing it at least one day before it ends to be safe.
Love the koodo community, nice quick replies. Thanks, by the way Jonathan, even if I change it a day before, I won't see proration charges?
Userlevel 7
If you do it the day before you will see such an insignificant amount of proration that you could probably spend more money getting a coffee and a donut at Tim Hortons.
I see, so the closer to the end of your billing cycle, the less the proration charge? I don't mind a price that small.
Userlevel 7
Muayad Abdelgadir wrote:

I see, so the closer to the end of your billing cycle, the less the proration charge? I don't min...

Exactly.
Muayad Abdelgadir wrote:

I see, so the closer to the end of your billing cycle, the less the proration charge? I don't min...

Many thanks, I will change it tomorrow on the 4th.
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Muayad Abdelgadir wrote:

Jonathan is right, The only thing you may see on you next bill is over usage if you EVER went over the minutes or data...
Muayad Abdelgadir wrote:

I rarely use minutes with anyone other than family, so I'd rather have more needed data and less unused minutes. Thanks for confirmation