Koodo Community

Community

Autocorrect = $250 bill over Christmas!! One simple way to avoid it.

Warning for subscribing to temporary US services: I wanted to subscribe to 10 days of US service, I texted "TNT10" to 4545, and proceeded to make calls in the US at Christmas time, only to find a $250 bill...what went wrong? My phone auto corrected "TNT" to "TXT" -- OOPS! A quick warning along with the instructions to text for service could save someone else a huge bill.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
That's a great heads up. I would still complain to Koodo. I think it is an innocent mistake. They may be able to help you out.
Userlevel 3
Thanks for the heads up Alexis. We've looked into this to see if we could make some adjustments and unfortunately we can't make any changes. The short code you used actually activates a different Add-on and you should have received a confirmation text for that package. In the future, if this happens you are welcome to give us a call at *611 on your Koodo phone to have this Add-on changed to the package you really wanted. One thing we've noted for the future is to create short codes that aren't so closely related, so thanks for pointing this out.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jordan Stevens wrote:

Thanks for the heads up Alexis. We've looked into this to see if we could make some adjustments a...

Only took an official rep one month to answer this with the usual "Thanks for your complaint" line. Expect no mercy and read the fine print, especially the texts they might send while you are away from your lawyer's office.
Userlevel 3
Jordan Stevens wrote:

Thanks for the heads up Alexis. We've looked into this to see if we could make some adjustments a...

Thanks Captain Obvious we appreciate your feedback 🙂 Have a great day!
Userlevel 6
Jordan Stevens wrote:

It's almost better to have no answer than get one a month later which say nothing. Not exactly reflecting well on you Koodo!!! 🙂
Userlevel 3
Jordan Stevens wrote:

Hey Rudy! 100% agree that we took a bit of time to get back to this one. We were considering what to do with it because it's a valid idea and that took a bit of time to discuss with everyone. I appreciate your feedback on this and we'll work harder to review ideas a little quicker 🙂