Koodo Community

As per my plan I have 1000 minutes international free call. But I got only 967 minutes. I have been charged rest of the minutes

• 15 January 2021
  • 6 replies

In Koodo as per my plan I have 1000 minutes for international free calls. When I lookin to my bills I can see  only 967 minutes for free.  I have been charged rest of the minutes for the international calls. 

Also there is no intimation or SMS in terms of crossing free calls minutes in Koodo. Hence I got charged 150$ this month.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The charges were on the same numbers which you called/included in your 1000min?

Is the number 967min showing on the PDF Ebill?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The CRTC has ruled that since it is easier to track minutes than data usage, mobile carriers are not required to warn you on minute usage. I don't agree with it but we've been left on our own to track minutes and barring a CRTC regulation change, it won't change.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

In Koodo as per my plan I have 1000 minutes for international free calls. When I lookin to my bills I can see  only 967 minutes for free.  I have been charged rest of the minutes for the international calls. 

Also there is no intimation or SMS in terms of crossing free calls minutes in Koodo. Hence I got charged 150$ this month.

It is extremely annoying to have to manually count to see how many international minutes were used on your line. I have posted an Idea to put a usage meter for international minutes in the Self Serve portal. Perhaps you can comment on it to garner more attention. 

Yes. I can see in my PDF bills like “Free 967:00 (MIN)” Beyonds these minutes I got charged. Is there any possible to get waive off on my over charged bills ? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes. I can see in my PDF bills like “Free 967:00 (MIN)” Beyonds these minutes I got charged. Is there any possible to get waive off on my over charged bills ? 

Do you see more minutes under long-distance or minutes overage?

Because I can't see your account/bill, I can't tell if there is another possibility for this charge.

You can set up call back or send them message through FB or Twitter to dispute your charge.

Do you see more minutes under long-distance or minutes overage?

Because I can't see your account/bill, I can't tell if there is another possibility for this charge.

You can set up call back or send them message through FB or Twitter to dispute your charge.

Thanks for your help.