Koodo Community

Application Store Service

• 10 February 2021
  • 21 replies

I was charge $14.97 in total , when i look at bill it says Application Store service $4.99 and they charge me 3 times . I call the koodo and they refuse to refund the money . I am so disappointed i will more to different service provider , I never agree to subscribe  to any thing , now i have call any one this is ridiculous .  Worse customer service 

21 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Koodo is not responsible for in app purchases or application purchased through the provider. Why do you think they owe you money?

That is because your so called third part is some where from UK which i never subscribe for,  And its Koodo who has charged me money , i never provide any consent to koodo to make me enroll to some company that i dont know about . This is total scam , I will have to cancel my phone number as i dont know may be i will charge again next bill . Koodo customer has been so brutal these days , they have out source thier call center ans people on the phone were so rude as well . Not only they refuse to wave the charge but they also told me do what every you want we wont repay , seems like i will ened up going to small claim court and have koodo prove that if i consent to this third part bill or not . Without my consent koodo should not charge me 

I have also file complain to CRTC today if they respond then my final step will be to go to small claim court :/ and cancel the phone number to avoid this charge in next bill .

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Did they tell you what company processed the charge? Then you can go to that company and see what the charge was actually made for.

It could be a number of things, an app store purchase, spotify, charity donation, etc.

Generally people get (understandably) freaked out by these charges and then finally realize oh shoot, yea I did do this.

First thing i do not make any donation weekly , All they told me is this is some company in UK and provided me the email address  , why should i provide my details to company that i don't know ? Seems Like scam company some how got my number and subscribe me through your phone number , i expect the return and i dont want to deal with koodo or any of your third party company  . Pls help I dont know who Infomedia company is and how they are using my number and you are charging me for that this is so ridiculous . Never seen any thing like this in my life .  

support@infomedia.co.uk

And which app store purchase ? Koodo dont have any app for cell phone user and if i buy any thing from my iphone app it gets charge to my credit card and not the koodo mobile , Its koodo who has charge me money so its your responsibility . I never consent to any subscription . And Koodo cant charge me for any thing thats they want . Total Scam 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

First thing i do not make any donation weekly , All they told me is this is some company in UK and provided me the email address  , why should i provide my details to company that i don't know ? Seems Like scam company some how got my number and subscribe me through your phone number , i expect the return and i dont want to deal with koodo or any of your third party company  . Pls help I dont know who Infomedia company is and how they are using my number and you are charging me for that this is so ridiculous . Never seen any thing like this in my life .  

support@infomedia.co.uk

Your situation sounds extremely similar to a couple of recent posts made a while ago.

It is related to the text messages you received. You may want to check your phone again to see if there are any suspicious text messages. In both instances, the authors of the posts were given the same email address as you to dispute the charges. 

I would suggest you to contact the email address given to you and see if they can identify the charges made to your account. If they cannot find anything, you can contact Koodo again to dispute the charges. 

I contact Koodo multiple times they are not helping . I email to them but no response , this is fraudulent text message but koodo not giving money back ,  

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I contact Koodo multiple times they are not helping . I email to them but no response , this is fraudulent text message but koodo not giving money back ,  

So koodo gave you the company that charged you.  Please contact them to get more info about your charge.  Koodo doesnt get the money from these fees, they are just the middle man.  They wont have anymore insight into this than just the company name unfortunately.

Koodo game me email address and no one responded to that email , also it looks like this is a fake company as i cant find any thing in google when i tried to search them . I wonder how koodo provided access to company like to to charge the client , I use my phone to make phone calls and i expect koodo to change me only for data and phone bill nothing else . this is so stupid that some one that i dont know start charging me without taking my consent . How would like know this company wont charge me again next month ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Ok so the charge is not completely unexpected based on the texts that you have received.

So you have a few options here.  You can check your subscriptions in the link here and remove your number from them.  They also have a contact form if you want to file a complaint and request a refund.

https://checksubscription.com/main?c=ca

Here is their FAQ https://checksubscription.com/faq?c=ca

It looks like Beyond-VR is the company where you might have clicked on one of their promotional pages to subscribe accidentally.  Here is there FAQ

https://beyond-vr.com/faq.html

It looks to be VR game based

https://ca.beyond-vr.com/vr-game

You can try to login wit your phone number to see if you can unsubscribe too

https://ca.beyond-vr.com/login

But I would go the CheckSubscription link route.  I mean the PIN they sent is 2factor authentication so i’m not sure how they would have activated your subscription without someone entering that PIN.  Be ready for that question/argument with CheckSubscription.

You can be upset with Koodo all you want, but this honestly would have happened with Fido, Freedom, Virgin, Rogers, etc. too.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Maybe ask your kids about this subscription.

Hi, I have the same issue Koodo is not suportive at all. I send an emIl to support @infomedia.co.uk not get any reply. Next step complaint to CRTC and police  

I cant  believe that in 2021 a compagnie can get away with this.

Hi!

I'm having the exact same issue. Don't listen to everyone here saying you must've clicked on something or people INSINUATING you've done this yourself. There are only two people in my household and I'm the only person who touches my phone. I found 4 charges originally on my account and was told it's a company called Boku that charges your account to get you to call in about their services. Was given their email to unsubscribe and "get a refund". Emailed them and they said I don't have an account...strange. I called Koodo back today and had a firey conversation with a really rude rep who repeated the same information and then treated me as if I sent the wrong information. After treating me like an idiot he finally said "Oh now after looking more into it, I see it's from a site called infomedia". Gave me the same spiel about emailing them to unsubscribe and ask for my money back because "it's not Koodo's charge". I sent infomedia an email and received a reply that they've unsubscribed my number but I need to email ca@beyond-vr.com for billing inquiries or refunds. However, he casually mentioned "Please be aware the account cannot be started without a pin", which leads me to assume they're going to somehow pin this on me, pun intended. Funny thing is I checked my spam and every message about this from "BeyondVR" has gone to my spam. If this is ALLLL legitimate, why would it go straight to slam. I'll be getting to the bottom of this one way or another because I now have $40 worth of charges and I will not be paying it. I'll try to keep you updated!

Koodo game me email address and no one responded to that email , also it looks like this is a fake company as i cant find any thing in google when i tried to search them . I wonder how koodo provided access to company like to to charge the client , I use my phone to make phone calls and i expect koodo to change me only for data and phone bill nothing else . this is so stupid that some one that i dont know start charging me without taking my consent . How would like know this company wont charge me again next month ?

Badge +4

Does anyone here have the Beyond VR Public Speaking app installed on their phone?

From what I’ve read, Beyond VR and SpeakerVR are apps available for both iOS and Android devices. These apps were developed to improve ones’ ability to speak publicly in front of an audience, providing a virtual audience in place of a live audience to practice with. 

The Beyond VR Public Speaking App is the “lite” version when downloaded from the App Store or Google Play Store. There’s likely a nominal subscription fee for the “lite” version which allows limited use of the app versus purchasing a license, which unlocks Beyond VR’s full potential.

I think the starting point here is to verify whether or not the app is installed on your phone. One of the first steps in using this app is to create a user account. It’s possible you may have inadvertently forgotten you did this. This is likely why many have received text messages because there’s a good chance they would have had to provide a phone number as part of the user account creation process.

Does anyone here have the Beyond VR Public Speaking app installed on their phone?

From what I’ve read, Beyond VR and SpeakerVR are apps available for both iOS and Android devices. These apps were developed to improve ones’ ability to speak publicly in front of an audience, providing a virtual audience in place of a live audience to practice with. 

The Beyond VR Public Speaking App is the “lite” version when downloaded from the App Store or Google Play Store. There’s likely a nominal subscription fee for the “lite” version which allows limited use of the app versus purchasing a license, which unlocks Beyond VR’s full potential.

I think the starting point here is to verify whether or not the app is installed on your phone. One of the first steps in using this app is to create a user account. It’s possible you may have inadvertently forgotten you did this. This is likely why many have received text messages because there’s a good chance they would have had to provide a phone number as part of the user account creation process.

Not me

Badge +4

Not me

Thanks for the reply. I’m all out of ideas. Keep us posted on your findings. 

Thanks for trying!

Payalben and Denis.

My problem with this has been solved. It says right in the text to text back STOP BEYONDVR. Just do it and your prescription gets camncelled...otherwise they charge u every month. No more $4.99- Application Store Service   ----It’s a huge scam!!!

Hi All!

I appreciate so much the thought and energy that has gone into this thread. It saved me a lot of time/energy/frustration. I, like many of you, have been charged by this numerous times, and I guess I was wondering if anyone has any insight on how I got into their system in the first place? I’ve unsubscribed now, but don’t have the app on my phone and have zero recollection of signing up for anything related to their service. I’m quite confident I wouldn’t have, but there is always that chance, but does anyone know how our phone numbers ended up with the company and subsequently charged? I’m just trying to understand a bit more :p